Senior HR Support Coordinator
City : Edmonton
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior HR Support Coordinator - ( 2200038S )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works to support operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 25,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Our Functional Services Teams (FSTs) include Corporate Development, Finance, HR, HSSE, IT, Legal, Marketing/Communications, Practice Services and Real Estate and Procurement. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
Take the first step towards designing your career with Stantec. We have an exciting opportunity for a senior HR Support Coordinator to join our team. The primary responsibility of this team is to support HR Administration tasks, including HR file management, I9/State/unemployment compliance, verification of employment/income, invoice and bonus payout processes, and responding to external and internal inquiries. Reporting to the Manager of HR Support, this person will need excellent organizational and time management skills, as well as the ability to communicate to employees at all levels within the organization to support a wide variety of administrative tasks. Join our collaborative HR team and play an important role in supporting the administrative needs of our HR partners and employees. This position offers a flexible, hybrid work schedule.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Operates HR Service Center technology, general team inboxes, and voice messages, effectively and efficiently to respond to complex requests pertaining to HR programs and procedures, to help monitor and assign service requests and voice messages requests to team members and identifies trends for process improvements and reporting needs.
- Interprets documented HR policies, procedures, and guidelines for clients and will utilize in-depth understanding of HR processes and systems to provide Tier 1 troubleshooting and guidance to HR partners, internal clients, and peers before further escalation is required
- Liaises with HR teams, Payroll, Benefits, and various third-party vendors on complex HR Administration matters to ensure issue resolution occurs in a timely manner
- Performs service delivery activities following pre-defined processes/procedures and achieves identified operational metrics in support of the delivery of the HR support and best practices
- Identifies trends and opportunities through inbound requests to improve service delivery and internal processes by assisting with the development and delivery of team learning workshops, and the maintenance of the process library, templates, and standard responses
- Prepares and coordinates time sensitive and complex transactions, ensuring appropriate documentation and approvals are secured
- Performs miscellaneous audits and projects as needed, including peer review on specified tasks, to ensure accuracy, quality and internal audit protocols are met
- Assists with training and onboarding of new HR Support team members
- Ensures legislative and internal compliance is adhered to for all transactions, requests, and file management, Specifically, this role will:
+ Oversee Equifax/E-Verify administration of I9s to ensure timely completion within the federal guidelines
+ Oversee and assist in the reverification of employment documents for foreign workers
+ Provide employer response to unemployment claims within required timelines
- Participates on assigned cross-functional HR programs and projects to provide expertise and input, attends project meetings and performs system testing as required.
+ Leading employee e-files projects and respond to document requests as needed, including file maintenance, off site archiving, file retention, and acquisition file integration
+ Support verification of employment/income for employees
+ Back up HR Invoice processing and Employee Referral Bonus payout processing
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experienced in HR Administration/Operations
- Strong professional customer service orientation
- Proven strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, problem solving skills and a keen attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor
- Proven results focus and ability to meet tight, concurrent deadlines
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Displays comfort and enjoys working with diverse individuals across all levels in a geographically dispersed organization
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Experience working in an HR environment is preferred.
- Solid understanding of Human Resources principles, concepts and processes. Knowledge rlated to jurisdictional laws, legislation, rules, and regulations in North America is an asset.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, discretion, and sound judgment
- Ability to learn and adapt to programs and processes quickly
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, with advance skills using Excel
- Experience with an HRIS and HR Services technology
- An ability to manage competing deadlines, with a close attention to detail
- The ability to work autonomously, reviewing work on a regular basis and consistently meeting role objectives
- Strong coaching and exceptional relationship management skills
Education and Experience
- Certificate or Diploma in Business, Administrative Management, or related field
- Minimum 8 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Typical office environment—working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the employee; other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's
Other Locations : Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo, Canada-Nova Scotia-Halifax
Job : HR Support - Admin
Organization : BC-1307 Human Resources-Service Center-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 19, 2022, 8:37:34 AM
Req ID: 2200038S
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans