Senior Groundwater Modeller
City : NOVA SCOTIA
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Groundwater Modeller - ( 230001US )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We are seeking a Senior Groundwater Modeller to join our Canadian hydrogeology team with an opportunity to reside in one of our hydrogeology centered offices (St. Johns, NFLD; Fredericton, NS; Waterloo, ON; Winnipeg, MB; Edmonton, AB; Calgary, AB; Burnaby, BC). The position will join the Hydrogeology Technical Team of Stantec’s Environmental Services Business Line.
The Senior Groundwater Modeller will report to a Hydrogeologist Team Leader and will support field investigations, groundwater modeling, and report writing. This position interacts with both internal and external clients in field and office settings.
Your Key Responsibilities
The Senior Groundwater Modeller will be responsible for analyzing and communicating hydrologic and geologic data to provide insight into critical groundwater flow processes.
The core competencies for this position include:
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, business writing, electronic communications and presentations
- Ability to work under little supervision and work well with others to achieve group results
- Ability to mentor junior and intermediate staff and provide input to improve hydrogeologic interpretations or client deliverables
- Ability to work on several projects or tasks during any given day on a consistent basis
- Strong business development, client management, communication, and financial management skills are essential
- Must be able to manage time, be organized, and set priorities
- Maintain a disciplined approach to project execution and technical excellence
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to make timely decisions
- Possess proficient skills in communication and technical information exchange with clients, engineers and scientists, government regulators and agencies, and academia, as well as non-technical communication to the public
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company and client guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner
- Develop conceptual, analytical, and numerical groundwater flow models to support environmental impact assessments, remedial evaluations, and risk assessments
- Prepare proposals, develop work plans, schedules, and budgets and management of projects/tasks
- Interpret aquifer tests, characterize aquifers based on maps and other spatial data, and perform spatial analysis
- Prepare and deliver presentations of hydrogeologic investigations to internal and external clients
- Travel as required to various field sites with overnight travel sometimes required
- Advanced skills in technical writing
- Demonstrate sound understanding and application of established practices, standards, and guidelines
- Assignments/projects are advanced in nature and require the application of mature knowledge
Education and Experience
- Graduate degree from a Geoscience or Engineering program with an emphasis on hydrogeology
- Experience in groundwater and vadose zone modelling is required, experience with FEFLOW or MODFLOW software preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of hydrogeological experience
- Existing professional registration or ability to work towards a professional registration (P.Geo. or P.Eng.)
Majority of time spent in office environment with prolonged sitting and computer work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan, Canada-Quebec, Canada, Canada-Ontario, Canada-Alberta, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada-Nova Scotia, Canada-British Columbia
Organization : BC-1609 EnvSvcs-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 13, 2023, 10:25:16 AM
Req ID: 230001US
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans