Senior Geotechnical Engineer
City : London, ON
Category : Environment - Geotechnical & Materials
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
WSP is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Ground Engineering West Group at the London location. The roles and responsibilities will entail a combination of technical work and involvement in developing our ground engineering business including proposal writing, technical report preparation, senior technical review and client development.
The successful candidate will be part of a multifaceted geotechnical group working with multi-disciplinary staff (i.e., foundations, pavements, waste management, environmental, etc.) and in various market sectors (i.e., highway and rail infrastructure, municipal development, commercial development, etc.).
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Serve as a technical resource in the ground engineering business across the life cycle of project work: problem definition, solution development, testing, engineering, commissioning and operations support;
- Serve as bench strength for project development and delivery (proposals, project management, client relations, team development and training);
- Work to build relationships with other Golder staff around the company, through constructive engagement and collaboration;
- Work to build business opportunities with other Golder staff around the company;
- Contribute to a rewarding and collaborative work atmosphere in the office and remotely, and to engaging junior and intermediate staff in all disciplines;
- Contribute to a culture of health, safety and protection of the environment by being a role model to junior and new staff and by giving industry and site perspectives to inexperienced staff which are crucial to make safety and contribute to the development, streamlining and automation of safety related documentation;
- Develop an understanding of our client’s needs and delivering high quality service to ensure client satisfaction;
- Function as a key participant in team and client meetings;
- Help develop and participate in strong interoffice and intercompany teams to achieve project goals;
- Recognize areas for internal improvement and working with other senior colleagues to develop these improvements;
- Minimize our exposure and risk across projects;
- Mentor colleagues in the group in the technical area of ground engineering and mentor colleagues of all disciplines around consulting and business development; and,
- Help identify partnership opportunities and capitalize on “add-on” opportunities within existing projects and new clients.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree in Geotechnical (Civil or Geological) Engineering;
- 10+ years of relevant working experience since graduation;
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario or elsewhere in Canada;
- People skills and a desire and ability to work in a team environment;
- Interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills;
- A “Safety-First” focus and act as a role model to other staff;
- Leadership skills;
- A high standard of behavior to uphold WSP’s reputation and demonstrate a commitment to our Core Values; and,
- Valid driver’s license.