Senior Geotechnical Engineer
City : Dartmouth, NS
Category : Environment - Geotechnical & Materials
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
We are currently seeking a Senior Geotechnical thinker, doer, and problem solver to support our geotechnical team in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Working hand in hand with our Regional Geotechnical Manager, you will play a critical role in further developing our business, our brand, and our clients. Our national geotechnical group has grown exponentially over the past few years, and we are continuing to lead in innovation, exciting projects, high-performing teams, and excellent opportunities for our employees. We use excellent networking tools that will connect you and allow you to collaborate on projects across Canada. Effectively leveraging our national, and sometimes global, expertise for projects, wherever they are, sets us apart in the eyes of our clients.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- You are a geotechnical engineer who enjoys technically complex projects where you can flex your creative engineering mind;
- You enjoy interacting with clients and building new opportunities for growth and expansion;
- You are passionate about geotechnical engineering and enjoy engaging in technical conversations with peers;
- You will perform all aspects of geotechnical investigations for buildings, highways, bridges, retaining walls, slope stability, and municipal infrastructure;
- You will be responsible for review of construction materials testing and field monitoring of geotechnical aspects of construction projects;
- You will assist with proposals, cost estimates, and timelines for projects;
- You will assist in the planning, field support and completion of geotechnical site investigations;
- You will review and interpret the monitoring information from geotechnical instrumentation and testing programs;
- You will assist with geotechnical design recommendations and parameters for analyses and design of structure foundations;
- You will provide input to technical design reports;
- You will assist project managers with quality control or quality assurance testing issues;
- You will participate in site visits, meetings, etc. as required;
- You will be involved in other duties as assigned/required
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Your Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or (preferably) post-graduate degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical emphasis or in Geological Engineering;
- Your professionalism and experience as a registered Professional Engineer in Nova Scotia (ENS);
- Your level of experience and ten or more years of working in the industry in geotechnical engineering and field investigations;
- Your willingness to be mobile in the province of Nova Scotia, and occasionally across Canada, and your openness to be doing a variety of work that may include field and office-based work;
- Your expertise with commonly used geotechnical software;
- Your comfort and experience writing geotechnical reports;
- Your excellent strong verbal and communication skills in English;
- Your ability to think and act independently, while accepting coaching, guidance and productive feedback;
- Your enthusiasm, resourcefulness, adaptability, organizational skills and your eye for details;
- You are a true professional, and believe in the power of engaged and high-performing teams and know what works well to get the most out of your peers;