Senior Gameplay Animator – Gears of War – The Coalition
City : Vancouver
Category : See Posting
Industry : Technology
Employer : Microsoft
The Coalition is a Microsoft first-party development studio located in Vancouver, Canada. We are the official home of the Gears of War franchise, and our objective is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of Microsoft’s entertainment platforms and devices. Our team is comprised of deep creative and technical talent from across our industry and beyond, working cohesively to delight our fan base and pass expectations of what is possible. As a studio, we lead from our values and work together to promote respect and inclusion, a growth mindset, G.R.I.T (Guts, Resourcefulness, Initiative & Tenacity), all while putting our team first! Join us and let’s go far together!
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated Senior Gameplay Animator. In this position, you will be partnering with a talented team of animators to create high quality gameplay features. You will be reporting directly to the Gameplay Animation Lead to ensure that quality and execution of these features is consistent and aligned with the overall vision for the game.
- Collaborate with the Animation Director, Animation Leads and Designers to implement exciting new gameplay experiences.
- Partner with Animation Engineers and Technical Animators to help integrate necessary animation assets using UE5 and other proprietary tools, pipelines, and technical systems.
- Actively participate in review sessions and help the team raise the quality bar for the Animation at The Coalition.
- Attend and help define the requirements for internal/external motion capture shoots.
- Partner with Production to update/track necessary animation tasks through deliverables and scheduling tools.
- 3+ years of gameplay animation experience.
- Experienced in key frame and motion capture animation.
- An understanding of body mechanics, timing, spacing, weight, and appeal.
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver, and team player.
- Experience in AAA game production.
- Experience working in Unreal is a plus.
- Experience working in Maya and/or MotionBuilder is a plus.
- Experience with Jira/Shotgun/Shotgrid is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.