LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 29723
Why you should join us:
Are you looking to build your non-authoritative leadership skills and seek an engaging new opportunity? Working as part of an upbeat team across Suncor, you will play an important role with coordinating fuel quality matters.
You will use your expertise to:
- Provide technical expertise and lead all aspects of resolutions for fuel quality issues
- Ensure all regional fuel manufacturing and sales specifications are current and meet regulatory requirements and customer expectations
- Develop, write and revise governing documents as well as participate in product quality messaging
- Coordinate regional fuel quality assurance programs
- Coordinate the product quality waiver process so that effective business decisions are made
- Issue or reject waivers for off-specification products based on technical impact, leadership team, policy, legal implications, and business impacts
- Participate in company and industry related challenges pertaining to fuel quality and product development
- Participate as a lead auditor in our audit program
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Seven years of petroleum experience with a strong technical background in fuels
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, Chemical Technology diploma or equivalent education
- Knowledge of propane, gasoline, distillates and jet fuel application and or use
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to interpret complex technical issues into clear and concise concepts
- Proven strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal) which allow you to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- Exposure to analytical testing and interpretation of test methods and analytical results
- Working knowledge of refinery processes, terminal and pipeline operations, retail, wholesale, and Petro-Pass business
- Proven auditor experience
- Knowledge of regulatory and health and safety issues relating to fuel
- Knowledge of fuel emissions, climate change and how these issues affect fuel quality
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W. or our Edmonton refinery in Sherwood Park, located at 801 Petroleum Way
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs
- This role requires occasional travel within Canada and the U.S.
- Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible individuals
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – do it safely, or don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals