Senior Front End Developer
City : VANCOUVER
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Front End Developer - ( 230003NU )
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Buildings Digital Practice
The Buildings Digital Practice team exists to ensure a continued focus on exploration, to foster and support innovation, and continually challenge perspectives. Our global team of subject matter experts and technologists are dedicated to helping our global Buildings practice of architects, interior designers, and engineers. From project management tools, risk mitigation, and education, to process improvement and best practices for design production, the Buildings Digital Practice team provides a core group of services to support Buildings growing practice.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop, document, test, implement and support software to promote quality and drive efficiency at Stantec.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Help define system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall experience for products or solutions developed
- Take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product goals, and developing best practices
- Demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals
- Design and develop MVC and SPA based web applications and other microservices
- Mentor other developers
- Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements
- Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team
- Use development best practices, and contribute to improving our best practices
- Work with back-end developers to integrate UI components with APIs and databases
- Build specifications and requirements based on technical requirements or UX design
- Debug errors, troubleshoot issues, and perform routine performance optimizations
- On-site search engine optimization (SEO)
- Develop with Agile methodologies in mind: high-quality, scalable, and reusable code
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies and industry trends, and share with the team
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, NextJs, ViteJS, Typescript.)
- Experience with WPF, XAML, .NET integrated applications preferred
- Experience with WebSockets, SignalR and other real-time web technologies preferred
- Proficiency in HTML5 including semantic HTML5 elements, microformats, and WAI-ARIA
- Experience with of Redux, Node, and Express
- Proficiency with CSS preprocessors such as Sass, Less, or Stylus
- Proficiency with TailwindCSS
- Proficiency with test frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, etc.)
- Proficiency with front-end security and authentication technologies (e.g., MSAL, OAuth2.0, JWT)
- Experience with view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support)
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns
- Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., a synchronicity, data binding, modules, MVC, objects, promises)
- Familiarity with SEO principles
- Experience with build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, Babel, or Webpack
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility testing
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly capture and articulate client requirements and pain points for planning purposes.
- Proficiency with version control practices using git, including branching, collaboration, reviewing pull requests and resolving merge conflicts (GitHub, Azure DevOps, etc)
- Strong technical writing and documentation skills.
- Must thrive in multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Confidentiality of client data required.
- Ability to reach sound conclusions and demonstrate good judgment.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate a professional, respectful demeanor in keeping with the firm's culture and values.
- Agile software development experience
Education and/or Experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1443 Buildings-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 11, 2023, 8:31:18 AM
Req ID: 230003NU
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans