Senior Financing Specialist
City : GRANDE PRAIRIE, Alberta, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As a deeply skilled financing specialist, you are a leader in credit advice and expertise within high performing commercial banking Client Relationship Teams. You engage directly with clients and contribute to an exceptional client experience by being a trusted strategic advisor who provides superior business, financial and credit advice, and support portfolio management. You partner with Relationship Managers, Commercial Financial Services, in credit discovery and advice leading to issuance of discussion papers and bringing new borrowing clients to RBC.
What will you do?
- Leverage superior client discovery and business analysis skills to meet client expectations for credit requests and completion of annual reviews
- Provide quality business analysis and credit advice through presentation options that clearly articulate advantages and benefits to the client
- Demonstrate RBC’s capability to provide creative financial solutions in a timely manner and deliver credit solutions that meet or exceed needs
- Demonstrate a commitment to teamwork and collaboration by coaching, mentoring and assisting colleagues to meet the needs of all clients
- Exercise due diligence in recommending credit applications, working in collaboration with Risk Management, especially in supporting risk processes and guidelines
What do you need to succeed?
- Proven track record in financial, risk and credit analysis/structuring in support of exceptional client relationship management
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in commercial lending in a financial institution
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks while meeting time sensitive deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills and client centricity
- Experience with emerging resources, communications and technology (i.e., online data resources, web based meetings, social media, digital banking, and mobile applications)
- Strong presentation skills
- Specialized industry expertise in a past role (e.g. real estate, healthcare, agriculture etc.)
- Minimum post-secondary diploma/degree, ideally in Commerce, Business Administration or related experience
- Chartered Professional Accounting designation (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A unique opportunity for personal and professional growth
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.