Senior Financial Consultant Mississauga
City : Mississauga, ON, CA, L5B1M2
Category : Financial Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 183779
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
MD Management Limited, a division of Scotia Wealth Management, has an exciting opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic, and client-focused Senior Financial Consultant to join our team.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will be accountable for developing comprehensive and personalized financial plans and specific investment strategies for physician clients and their families tied to the physician lifecycle and various life events.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
• Build rapport and trusted relationships with your clients through active listening and by developing an appreciation of what’s important to the client. You’ll recommend an approach based on the client’s level of understanding and interest tailored to their specific needs.
• Identify and develop new business opportunities to prospect and grow the client base, while ensuring retention of clients through strong relationship building and the development of comprehensive financial plans.
• As part of a broader network of MD financial experts, you will facilitate a team approach by actively partnering with MD Private Investment Counsel (discretionary management), MD Private Trust (estate and executor services), Scotia Wealth Insurance Services and Scotiabank (Private Banking, Mortgages, etc..). You will also work to ensure client needs are pro-actively addressed in alignment with their current financial situation and life stage as well as their future aspirations.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if you have:
• A desire to learn - to further your knowledge of advanced financial planning concepts including tax, incorporation, portfolio, and risk management.
• A commitment to compliance – an understanding of industry regulations and associated requirements and an appreciation for Scotiabank’s commitment to ethical day to day activities and decisions
• Marketing savvy – a comfort in facilitating seminars and information meetings designed to provide advice and information concerning investment programs and related services
• A sense of urgency - what’s urgent for your client is urgent for you. Attending to their needs is your priority.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a broader team.
• A high level of comfort with technology to support virtual meetings and CRM.
• Confidence – in yourself, in MD’s products, in asking for the business
The Must Haves:
• University degree or college diploma in business, commerce or financial planning coupled with the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation
• IIROC licensed as a Registered Representative (IIROC-RR) including completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC), the Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH) and 90-day training or a requirement to complete such within a specified timeframe
• Life License (LLQP)
• Wealth Management Essentials (post-licensing requirement)
What’s in it for you?
• We are big proponents of life-work integration and provide the flexibility and tools to achieve such.
• We believe an inclusive and diverse work environment makes for happy and productive employees.
• We recognize the importance of well-being and offer programs and benefits to support and sustain the mental and physical health of our employees and their families.
• We know that financial security is important to you and we are here to help – competitive salaries and incentive programs, a defined contribution pension plan and an employee share option purchase program.
• We realize time away to recharge is a non-negotiable – we offer a generous paid time off program.
• We understand that cost-effective banking solutions means more money in your pocket – we offer a variety of preferred banking, credit card, mortgage and home/auto insurance options and discounts.
• We love discounts. Through the WorkPerks program, you will have access to thousands of discounts with various vendors across Canada.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.