Senior Financial and Data Analyst – Statutory Transfer Pricing Implementation
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Finance | Accounting
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The Senior Financial Analyst will be part of RBC’s STP Centre of Excellence (COE) assisting in the effort to ensure that RBC satisfies all global STP and related tax requirements consistently and comprehensively. Implement business specific, enterprise wide, Statutory Transfer Pricing (STP) policies, practices and processes to comply with RBC’s Statutory Transfer Pricing (STP) Policies. Transition the current intergroup allocation models from excel based to the Oracle technology solution.
What will you do?
- Transition transactions from excel based models into the Oracle technology solution by configuring using Oracle Profit and Cost Management Cloud Service (PCMCS).
- Create and prepare Oracle reports to support legal entity reporting, controls, and analysis.
- Data analytics and reporting.
- Prepare analysis, calculations and entries for specific Statutory Transfer Pricing (STP) transactions (including allocations) on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Oversee the processing of transfer pricing entries and allocations on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and confirm that the same have been processed globally using the correct transits and GL accounts.
- Prepare the monthly tracking spreadsheet reconciliation of transfer pricing entries. The tracking spreadsheet is used by STP Implementation and Financial Controllers to track the month end entries booking process.
- Prepare financial analyses for business reviews.
- Prepare In-depth reviews of entries and variance analyses to understand the impact on business lines and legal entities.
- Assist in the identification and remediation of potential transfer pricing transaction gaps and the creation of new transfer pricing transactions.
- Ensure that the process is well documented and suggest key improvements to make it more efficient and accurate.
What do you need to succeed?
- Work experience: minimum 3-5 years of post-graduate experience preferably with financial services industry.
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Proficient in Oracle Profit and Cost Management Cloud Service (PCMCS) (configuration and reporting)
- Programming & data analytics knowledge
- Technologically savvy, adept with new tools
- Team player able to work as part of a global team headquartered is in Canada
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of financial and managerial accounting systems within RBC would be an asset.
- Ideally, will have worked in a big 4 accounting firm in the financial services industry and/or at RBC.
- Data analytics, and reporting.
- Accounting designation (CA, CPA, etc.), MBA or equivalent education.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.