At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Senior Financial Analyst, Planning & Analysis
We are currently seeking a highly talented Senior Financial Analyst, Planning & Analysis, to join the Connected Home Finance team. This role will report into the Senior Finance Manager, Planning & Analysis.
The Senior Financial Analyst plays a pivotal role in managing the coordination of all month-end, budgeting, forecasting, and planning requirements for Connected Home and Rogers for Business finance teams, and will be a key connection point between Corporate Planning and the operational Finance teams.
This role will support the Senior Finance Manager and SVP Connected Home & Business Finance in articulating the finance and business story behind Connected Home and Cable business
What you'll be doing:
- Produce month-end, forecast, budget reporting package from a consolidated point of view for Connected Home and Cable Product, working with Finance peers to formulate variance commentary and articulate finance/business story
- Work closely with Corporate Planning and communicate month-end, forecast, budget requirements to Connected Home Finance team, ensuring process is clearly identified
- Support and present Month End, Forecast, and Budget reviews to SVP Finance by consolidating and articulating business results/insights
- Assist in the modelling of Cable Long Range Plan, help lead the process with business/finance primes to set meaningful and reasonable financial target/outcome for the Cable business
- Provide support to strategic initiatives/projects
- Ad hoc financial analysis, as required
- Minimum 2-3 years of related finance and business experience
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA) or an MBA completed, or in progress
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint and modeling skills required
- A strong track record of being able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and prioritization of tasks, with a focus on quality and details.
- Builds strong relationships
- Demonstrates a positive attitude with an adaptable and collaborative style
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written), with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with peers and superiors across organizational lines
- Owns results
- Identifies and prioritizes high importance requests both internally and with clients
- Exercises sound judgment, can make decisions with a sense of urgency and assumes responsibility for decisions, actions, and results that have an impact on people and/or service quality
- Strong organizational, analytical, and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail – this involves the ability to work quickly and accurately under the pressure of deadlines and changing priorities
- Integrity - Adheres to the highest standards of personal and professional integrity.
- Driven to Win - Competitive drive to be number one and settle for nothing short. Would never target mediocrity. A mindset of creativity, innovation, and energetic drive to succeed.
- Confident with Low Ego - Decisive, yet inclusive. Has the confidence to engage others and challenge and defend positions in a respectful way. Confident enough not to care who gets the credit.
- Dynamic & Disciplined - Operationally excellent with a high level of energy and enthusiasm. Inspires and motivates others to higher levels of performance.
- Innovative - Proactively generates creative solutions; open to different approaches to resolve issues.
- As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to provide employment references and successfully complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East - Store (333), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Financial Planning and Analysis
Requisition ID: 220628
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate