Senior Financial Analyst Media
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Accounting
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Rogers Finance team is at the core of our organization, supporting all of our projects across every line of business. By providing financial support and guidance, our teams rely on our Finance partners to help make strategic, data-driven decisions that will have an impact on our growth and profitability for years to come.
Our Finance team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Finance team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members. We offer advanced learning through Rogers Finance Transformation, support our colleagues in maintaining their professional designations, and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, Let’s make your possible.
As the Senior Financial Analyst, Sports & Investment in the Media Controller’s Group, your primary responsibilities will include processing month-end entries and preparation of account reconciliations for the Toronto Blue Jays and Rogers’ investment portfolio, preparing and assisting with quarter and year-end analysis and other various ad hoc special projects. Applicants for this opportunity must possess a professional accounting designation, analytical mind and strong interpersonal skills coupled with attention to detail and the initiative to work independently. We are looking for a talented and outgoing individual to join our team where you will have a chance to innovate, grow, build and maintain relationships at varying levels.
What you'll be doing:
- With a strong understanding of the processes, controls and accounting behind the financial documentation, ensure all journal entries are prepared, reviewed, adequately supported with backup, and posted by close deadline
- Complete monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and develop an in-depth understanding of the related accounting with the ability to effectively document and explain the account transactions to various levels of management
- Support the preparation and review of Toronto Blue Jays’ annual audit financial statements, including notes and working papers, as required for Major League Baseball reporting and liaise with external auditors
- Ensure accounting treatment for existing and new transactions is in alignment with IFRS
- Support all quarter and year-end audit information requests and performance of SOX Controls
- Prepare Media consolidated monthly balance sheet and income statement
- Assist with the compilation and analysis of monthly and quarterly Media consolidated financial reports to Corporate (for example, preparing annual commitments, validating and reviewing financial information for completeness and accuracy and preparing various account continuities for external reporting)
- Prepare annual legal entity financial statements for tax and other reporting purposes
- Identify areas for process improvement and works independently to resolve
- Accounting liaison among Finance Operations and the Corporate office
- For new initiatives and identified issues, gather the required detailed information, perform in depth analysis and proactively recommend the appropriate approach/ action to gain resolution
- Provide GL support to Business Managers, assist with data analysis (i.e. actuals vs. budgets/ forecasts) and investigation
What you have:
- CPA with 3 to 4 years of experience in fast-paced, challenging accounting environment in either public practice or industry.
- Strong technical skills in IFRS and internal controls/ SOX
- Experience preparing financial statements and notes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ease with communicating with various levels in the organization (including senior management).
- Ability to build strong relationships with business groups and other finance teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to effectively communicate findings from analytics.
- Strong computer skills including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Office and ERP experience such as Oracle.
- Driven, customer focused and results oriented individual.
- Ability to independently manage and organize multiple work activities in order to meet or exceed established deadlines and priorities
- Thrives on challenges and consistently looks for innovative more efficient methods of delivering.
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to provide employment references and successfully complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Accounting
Requisition ID: 290201
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate