Senior Financial Analyst – – Data Analytics
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Analyst
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Rogers Finance team is at the core of our organization, supporting all of our projects across every line of business. By providing financial support and guidance, our teams rely on our Finance partners to help make strategic, data-driven decisions that will have an impact on our growth and profitability for years to come.
Our Finance team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Finance team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members. We offer advanced learning through Rogers Finance Transformation, support our colleagues in maintaining their professional designations, and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, Let’s make your possible.
Senior Financial Analyst – Data Analytics, Cable Revenue
Rogers Communications is currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst, Cable Revenue who will report to the Finance Manager, Cable Revenue. The successful candidate for this role will play an important role in extracting and managing data that supports month-end, forecast, budget, and results analysis as well the ability to effectively transform those results into executive-level reporting and insights.
- Data Extraction – Perform monthly billing system data extraction to report Cable revenue for month end and forecast purposes. Create revenue databases to fulfill business requirements and able to execute standard and custom monthly reports. Utilize technical knowledge to perform maintenance, develop enhancements and investigate problems associated with billing systems information and databases.
- Finance Activities – Translate business issues into analytical requirements; prepare concise insights and present findings to finance and business leadership teams. Forecast and budget newly launching programs by interpreting business cases and working with cross-functional teams to identify the key drivers and P&L impacts. Review analytical techniques, identify what data is available and relevant, and source the necessary data by becoming the subject matter of expert.
- Analysis & Cross-Functional Support – Analyze financial results and perform root cause analysis for emerging trends from both a Household and Total Service Units perspective. Work with cross-functional teams to provide business decision support and review financial results. Have an eye and understanding for the appropriate interpretation and use of data/operational metrics to build driver based models with a focus on accuracy.
- Results & Analysis Visualization – Develop and deliver visually appealing reporting and analytics to accurately and concisely present key insights and recommendations to management and cross-functional teams.
- Communication – Work with cross functional teams and clearly communicate with team-members, business partners, and management at their level of analytical/technical understanding. Make strategic recommendations to management based on the results identified through completed analysis.
- Process Improvement – Identify areas to improve efficiency through automation, simplification and prioritization.
- Ad-Hoc Reporting – Create ad-hoc reports, analysis, and datasets based on business needs. Support the broader team on various month-end, forecasting, and budgeting requirements.
- A university degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Engineering or a related field; CPA and/or MBA designation is a plus
- Must have 3+ years of experience in financial data analytics demonstrating an ability to derive actionable insights
- Knowledge of telecommunications or related industry is a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle, Power BI, SAS, SQL Python and MS Access would be considered an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (e.g. pivot, chart) and PowerPoint
- Solid organizational skills and time management skills, with attention to detail and the ability to be flexible and adaptable to a changing environment and priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Good work ethic, with the ability to work both independently and with teams
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (908), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Reporting and Analytics & Analyst
Requisition ID: 275290
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate