Senior Financial Analyst – Corporate Services Readiness
City : Canada
Category : FN-Finance
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title: Senior Financial Analyst – Corporate Services Readiness
Location: Remote/Virtual (Canada)
Employment status: Full-time, temporary (12-month, renewable)
Salary band: $48,870 - $71,269 /Year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for the Corporate Services Readiness team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst – Corporate Services Readiness. Reporting to the Finance Manager, Corporate Services, the incumbent will be responsible for preparing budgets, in depth analysis, and monthly reports that ensure accuracy of financial records for internal and external parties in accordance with accounting principles, established policies and procedures of the Canadian Red Cross, relevant legislation, government guidelines, local contract requirements, and audit requirements.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will:
- Provide Corporate Service staff with up to date and relevant data, analysis, and reporting to aid in preparing both response and annual budgets for all revenues and expenditures and review program response and annual budget submissions for completeness, accuracy, and reasonableness and collaborates accordingly to resolve any discrepancies or issues.
- Ensure proper funding agreement financial structure set up, including but not limited to, bank accounts, trust funds, and financial dimension/billable coding, and that these are properly communication to relevant stakeholders.
- Analyze program and project revenues and expenditures in depth to ensure they are complete, accurate, and reasonable and identifies omissions or errors and prepares correcting journal entries as required.
- Provide program operational staff with up-to-data and relevant data, analysis, and reporting to aid in decision making, forecast adjustments, and funding requests.
- Prepare regular financial and statistical variance analysis and reports for program operational staff, senior management, and as required, external funders that may include government bodies.
- Prepare annual financial and statistical variance analysis and reports to aid in the preparation of CRC consolidated financial statements and accompanying notes, and other external requirements such as the T3010 information return.
- Ensure all processes and procedures occur as scheduled and deadlines are met as well as identify process and procedure deficiencies and recommend areas of improvement.
- Provide training, guidance, and support to operations and deployed personnel related to financial information treatment and reporting requirements.
- Perform other analysis, reporting, and support as requested by program operational staff and senior management to assist in effective management of programs and projects and decision making.
- Cross train with other team members to provide back up for other programs and projects.
- Provide concise and relevant support as required by internal and external audit requirements.
What we are looking for:
- A university degree in Finance, Business Administration, or a related field and a minimum of three to five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Working towards, or completion of, a chartered professional accounting designation is considered an asset.
- General knowledge and understanding of accounting theory, techniques, and policies is required. Project accounting experience is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Superior knowledge of Excel is considered an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are essential, and French is considered an asset. This includes the ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Superior time management and organizational skills reflected in the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision, and collaboratively within a team.
- This position is a full-time position.
- We will offer a 12-month employment contract, with the possibility of renewal.
- This is a remote position. Work will be performed from home, anywhere in Canada.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC)
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require it, but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
This position is open until filled, however qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Qualified applicants who apply after the selection process has started, may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.