Senior Financial Analyst – Corporate Finance
City : St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada
Category : Finance
Industry : Retail
Employer : Home Hardware
Home Hardware has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Corporate Finance Team. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, you will be responsible for providing financial and analytical support and managing the monthly close processes for our internal corporate departments.
If you are ready to take on a new challenge in a dynamic and growing organization, then make an application today!
What you’ll do:
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for items such as accounts receivable, accrued liabilities, revenues, expenses, and others as needed.
- Collaborate with corporate department stakeholders to provide financial and analytical assistance with budgets and monthly reporting.
- Monitor and apply policies and procedures to assist with guiding financial decisions.
- Identify, assess, and communicate issues or opportunities affecting profitability and/or overall efficiencies.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and recommend changes that will improve the company’s financial performance. Comply with all internal controls and other relevant accounting standards and policies.
- Additional ad hoc projects as assigned by the Assistant Controller.
What we’re looking for:
- Diploma or degree in Finance or Accounting. CPA designation is an asset.
- Minimum of five years’ experience and knowledge with financial reporting and analysis.
- Strong financial knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts. Retail accounting experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including exceptional skills with Excel, Access, and other analytical tools. Working knowledge of Oracle or related large ERP system an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to influence decisions to profitably drive the business.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to handle confidentiality.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities with ease while continuing to meet deadlines and produce high-quality deliverables.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.