Senior Financial Analyst (18 Month Contract)
City : TORONTO, Ontario
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Finance
Employer : The Bay
Day In The Life:
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for various monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting tasks related to real estate properties such as preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and reports. The role will be responsible for day to day processes and operations relating to real estate and ensuring daily tasks are completed on time and accurately. The role will assist with special projects as well as the quarterly as well as year-end close process.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for real estate payments (including rent, CAM, percentage rent, property tax, & rent roll lease payments).
- Prepare monthly real estate journal entries and related balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with real estate operating cost audits (CAM, Rent, Utilities).
- Coordinate with FP&A in preparation of annual budget and monthly forecast.
- Responsible for day to day processes and operations.
- Various real estate ad hoc requests.
- Assist with ongoing changes and updates to leasing standard.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree, with business or accounting background required
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA/CMA/CGA) an asset (or in process of obtaining designation)
- 2+ years of experience in Accounting and Finance
- Ability to adapt and work in a team environment
- Detailed oriented and ability to solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficient use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of Oracle and HFM is an asset.
What You Can Expect:
- A fast-moving environment where you will embrace change to ensure the company is competitive and future forward
- A People-first culture where Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated and promoted at every step of the way
- An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want
- A Competitive benefits package including Flexible paid time off, medical, dental, vision, retirement savings and more
- An agile hybrid work environment that facilitates agility and collaboration.
- An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands at all of our retail locations
HBC is a holding company of investments and businesses at the intersection of technology, retail operations and real estate. It is the majority owner of iconic ecommerce companies: Saks, a leading online destination for luxury fashion; The Bay, a Canadian ecommerce marketplace; and Saks OFF 5TH, a premier luxury off-price ecommerce company offering top brands at the best prices. These businesses were established as separate operating companies in 2021. HBC also wholly owns Hudson’s Bay, the operating company for Hudson’s Bay’s brick-and-mortar stores, as well as SFA, the entity that operates Saks Fifth Avenue’s physical locations, and O5, the operating company for Saks OFF 5TH stores.
With assets spanning top markets and prime locations across North America, HBC owns or controls—either entirely or with joint venture partners—approximately 40 million square feet of gross leasable area. HBC Properties and Investments, the company’s real estate and investments portfolio business, manages these assets along with additional real estate offerings, including Streetworks Development, its property development division.
Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s longest continually operating company and is headquartered in New York and Toronto. For more information visit: www.hbc.com.
Interested in Social Media?
Follow us on LinkedIn
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Thank you for your interest In HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.