Senior Financial Analyst
City : Etobicoke, ON, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Finance & Accounting
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Etobicoke, Ontario – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Finance, Greater Toronto Urban Division
Finance Manager, Operations
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
Our GTA Urban Division at Mattamy focuses on high-rise and mid-rise residential projects, as well as master planned and mixed-use community redevelopments in municipalities across the Greater Toronto Area. We are seeking a dynamic Senior Financial Analyst to join our Finance team; where they will partner closely with the business (in particular our Sales & Marketing, Construction and Development teams), leveraging their financial modeling and analysis skills to drive strategic initiatives.
This role plays an integral part in developing and ensuring compliance with key financial policies while leading proforma budget updates to support decision making and proactive financial analysis throughout the division. Please note that Mattamy is a preapproved employer with CPA Ontario.
What you’ll do
- Lead project teams through the quarterly proforma budget review cycle which consists of cashflow forecasting, budget revisions and performing comparative analysis of financial return metrics
- Develop financial models to evaluate the impact of potential business decisions. Models will incorporate decision-making tools such as value proposition assessment, profitability, DCF, IRR, and NPV analysis
- Develop models, KPI dashboards and other analyses through management of large volume of data to drive initiatives, monitor trends, identify exceptions and to support the budgeting, forecasting, and strategic planning processes
- Foster and develop strategic business partnerships with functional and departmental leaders
- Support the continuous deployment of new forecasting / budgeting tools and the development, implementation and updating of policies, procedures, and internal controls for the Urban Division
- Responsible for forecasting and preparing all partner cash calls, distributions, actively monitoring funding needs and executing on construction draws with cost monitors
- In collaboration with various business functions, identify, recommend, and implement changes or enhancements to proformas, internal / external reporting and accounting controls
- Prepare formal memos including post-mortems, lessons learned documents, gap analyses, SWOT analyses while articulating issues, implications, and solutions.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis requested by Departments, Corporate Office, etc.
What you bring
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must have a CPA, CFA and/or CBV, or in the process of working towards the designation(s)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Finance department or public accounting firm
- Ability to understand complex business problems and develop practical approaches for solving them
- Advanced Excel skills including regular use of functions, pivot tables, etc.
- Understanding of how to interpret internal business partners needs and translate them into results
- Superior organization and planning skills; ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to effectively communicate across all levels and functions
- Passionate about Mattamy’s core value of sustainability and to the organization’s ongoing commitment to ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance)
- High Rise residential or ICI (Industrial/Commercial/Institutional) experience
- Experience with Project management tools, techniques and methodologies
- Experience working with MS BI Technologies (SQL Server, Power BI, Power Pivot, Visual Basic)
- Experience working with JD Edwards, Procore, Hyperion, OneStream or Essbase
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.