Senior Finance Analyst – Cash Management
City : Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category : Full time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
The Senior Finance Analyst will be joining a dynamic finance team within the Enterprise Business Services office. The Cash Management team is responsible for payment run functions for the organization, pulling funds from stores for inventory/stock, and banking configuration. With these activities, there is technical system configuration involved, reporting, system troubleshooting, projects and testing, and working collaboratively with Loblaw technical teams.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Daily reviewing and approving of payment and cash inflow transactions/exceptions
- Managing, overseeing, and mentoring colleagues within the Cash Management team.
- Managing and overseeing cash inflow and balance sheet controls functions.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and advising on organizational cash outflows and inflows
- Reviewing functionality issues and working closely with IT to determine root causes
- Monitoring, recommending, and implementing process improvement initiatives to increase effectiveness within the department
- Evaluating accuracy and reliability of payment reporting
- Risk managing and evaluating fraud management strategies
- Producing proposals for forecasting of weekly payment runs
- Coordinating requests pertaining to internal and external audits
- Participating in the development and implementation of projects, policies and/or procedures, aimed at improving productivity for the department.
- Assisting the team in executing weekly Cash Management activities (Cheque, EFT, ACH & Wires)
- Various other duties as required.
The candidates should possess the following skills:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of previous applicable industry experience, or a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of accounts payable procedures and Cash Management best practices
- Ability to analyze processes, develop efficiencies and initiate constructive solutions.
- Strong English oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a new approach to solving an issue(s) and implementing new processes.
- Ability to converse comfortably with business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize work so all target dates are achieved, and to coordinate and control multiple tasks.
- Advanced experience with spreadsheet applications, word documents and email (office suite), Power Point, Visio.
- Previous experience in SAP would be considered an asset.
- Previous experience with SAP RPP or RPQ testing will be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with keen attention to detail and commitments to excellence
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.