Senior Facilities Administrator
City : Montréal, QC
Category : Corporate - Corporate Real Estate & FM
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
MONTREAL OR ELSEWHERE IN CANADA
WSP is committed to creating workspaces for our employees to thrive. We are currently searching for an energetic Senior Facilities Administrator who will be integral to creating a great first impression for our staff and visitors.
As a Senior Facilities Administrator you will value the importance of maintaining an organized, efficient office environment on behalf of your colleagues. You will be a stand-out brand ambassador for WSP, ensuring a welcoming environment for staff, vendors and visitors alike.
Your administrative abilities will be demonstrable through your high proficiency in using Excel to accurately capture sensitive data and help to develop user-friendly information databases for a number of key uses.
this as an entry level management role for an Administrative Specialist who is keen to develop a career in Office Administration, working in a fast-paced, demanding environment where your efforts will contribute to the success of one of Canada’s leading Engineering firms.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life :
Key accountabilities (but not limited to):
- Oversee, coach, and provide support to Facilities Administrators and Office Administrators
- Conduct performance reviews, on the job coaching, onboarding/ offboarding of team members.
- Applies a continuous improvement focus with a national mindset. Demonstrates creativity and innovation to problem solve and develops benchmarks that will improve results with reduced cost or improved efficiency. Assist in identifying opportunities that will continuously improve all aspects of Facilities Management operations.
- Enables a quality-of-service delivery focus. Establishes high standards for the delivery of Facilities Management services. Creates team capacity to develop and recommend processes that improve team efficiency.
- Provides input to departmental leaders for policies/procedures, policy proposals, and strategies to improve operational efficiencies.
- Assist the Senior Regional Facilities Manager in monitoring and managing costs to meet budget.
- Makes independent decisions related to resources, approach, and tactical operations.
- Assists the successful delivery of FM Service Request platform.
- Work closely and as back up to Senior Facilities Coordinator to support facilities management
Team leader overseeing the functions of:
- Provide administrative tracking for all Vendors and Landlords in your region.
- Liaise with the Project Implementation Manager to ensure document are transferred at the completion of project phase.
- Work with Office leaders to assist with vendor management and vendor replacement where needed.
- Manage online database of collected information, Facilities Database, Service Request Forms with best practices in mind
- Act as Facilities coordinator delegate for liaison with building management to communicate day to day issues that arise, e.g., elevators down, fire drill etc;
- Oversee team to maintain COI records for all vendors and submit to building for clearance
- Support ad-hoc requests for assistance from the facilities management team.
What you’ll bring to WSP …
Key role experiences, skills, and qualifications*:
- Completion of a post-secondary Diploma related to Office Administration is desirable or equivalent.
- 5 years of equivalent experience.
This position requires bilingualism as you will be collaborating with colleagues and clients at a national level.
- Project planning experience is desirable.
- Demonstrable extensive administrative capabilities related to Excel (Pivot Tables, V-Lookup etc.).
- Strong expertise in use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience with document formatting & production.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to manage people effectively.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills;
- A demonstrated commitment to providing quality service and work;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities;
- A proactive and enthusiastic team player. — A self-starter who can work independently;
- Adherence to the requirements of WSP systems as set out in the company policies, manuals, procedures and guidelines;
- Ensure duties are performed in a professional and timely manner;
- Demonstrate adherence to confidentiality requirements and maintain a high level of ethical behaviour.
- Positive attitude and a desire to succeed in a corporate environment is essential.
Key personal attributes*: Is organized, approachable and can recognize priorities. Lives the company vision and values. Presents professional image. Require minimal supervision, Adopts "Best for WSP" approach in day-to-day activities.