Senior ETL Developer
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 175910
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Global Fraud Technology team develops and manages innovative products designed to continuously strengthen the bank’s posture against the ever-changing Fraud threat landscape. We are part of the Global Engineering and Operations Functions team and we work in close partnership with our Fraud Business and key Technology Partners throughout Scotiabank to drive implementation of global products that will protect and strengthen the bank. We work with advanced technologies and are looking for key team members that have a passion to learn and deliver.
Global Fraud Technology Team is looking for an energetic and results oriented Senior ETL developer with Azure exposure and deep data analysis background to join our team to help build our most innovative Fraud insights and data product.
We’re looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done.
Some of the Key Accountabilities include:
- Conduct source data analysis and profiling to complete source to target mapping
- Perform data wrangling to merge disjointed data sources and implement complex data transformation
- Develop ETL process using MS SQL Server BI stack and MS Azure Data Factory to ingest, transform, cleanse and load data into on-prem SQL Server 2017 and/or Azure SQL DB
- Investigate data to identify potential issues within ETL pipelines, notify end-users and propose adequate solutions
- Logical and physical data modeling to develop highly optimized data infrastructure for fast querying of large volume of data. Assure data quality, security, and compliance requirements are met
- Prepare documentation for further reference
- Provide Production Support for the current environment as required.
What You Will Bring to Succeed
- You are curious and highly motivated to discover new relations in business data, understand and interpret data and how to deliver business value by transforming it
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- You have 5-7 years of experience in working for large projects and have advanced experience with SQL Scripting, ETL, data analysis and profiling, data mapping, data modeling, data lakes, and analytics
- You have extensive development experience with SQL Server SSIS, Integration Services Catalog and project deployment
- Experience working with BitBucket or TFS, and creating DevOps pipeline – 3+ years
- You have experience working with an agile scrum team
- You are excellent in written and spoken English to clearly communicate complex issues and interface with all levels of the organization with ease
- You are highly organized, disciplined, and responsive in a fast paced and demanding environment
- You constantly and strongly demonstrate the core values that continuously advance the productivity of high-performing and self-organizing teams: respect, commitment, courage, openness, and focus
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.