Senior Environmental Planner
City : Calgary
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Environmental Planner - ( 23000260 )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Planner to work with our Assessment, Permitting, Compliance, and Biophysical group within Stantec’s Environmental Services practice area. In this role, the successful candidate will be expected to provide support to all stages of a project’s lifecycle including assessment, permitting and approval requirements, construction support, and post-construction support.
Working with our biological, physical sciences, human environment, and engineering teams, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading environmental assessments and permitting activities for a variety of projects. These projects will typically be in the urban land development, transportation, water and waste, oil and gas, and power sectors. The ideal candidate for this position is one that is a self-motivated, demonstrated effective communicator who thrives working in a team environment and a creative thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills and a drive to support clients and internal teams to find solutions.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support and ensure implementation of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies, procedures, standards and guidelines in the execution of all work and coordinate with HSE professionals during the execution of all project phases
- Work directly with clients to provide strategic environmental advice
- Coordinate and track assignments, scopes, schedules, budgets and deliverables
- Work in a collaborative team of technical environmental and engineering specialists to lead the permitting process
- Prepare and review environmental assessments, regulatory applications and technical submissions
- lead business development activities, including proposals (budget development and proposal writing) and relationship building with existing and prospective clients
- Communicate and collaborate with other environmental and regulatory specialists to ensure consistency in project execution
- Support the development of junior and intermediate staff
- Participate in team and independent based work
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work with initiative, professionalism, and confidentiality, multi-task and adapt to change in a very dynamic environment
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong understanding of federal and provincial regulations and permitting requirements
- Experience related to municipal development considered an asset
- Ability to manage tasks with a strong attention to detail
- Stakeholder relations/engagement experience considered an asset
- Solid understanding of provincial and federal environmental assessment processes
- Demonstrated experience in client management and business growth
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proven problem-solving and communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
Education and Experience
Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Science - Biology, Ecology, Reclamation, Forestry, or related field.
Holding, or eligibly to obtain, a professional designation in Alberta (P.Biol, R.P.F., P.Ag.).
A minimum of 7-10 years of environmental and regulatory-related consulting experience with experience on environmental assessment and permitting programs.
Stantec is proud to offer the opportunity for flexible work arrangements consisting of an office environment, remote work, and potential field work depending on your role.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Organization : BC-1235 EnvSvcs-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 19, 2023, 2:26:34 PM
Req ID: 23000260
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans