Senior Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Compliance Auditor
City : Mississauga, ON
Category : Environment - Enviro Management
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
MISSISSAUGA, TORONTO, THORNHILL and WHITBY
WSP is seeking a Senior Environmental Compliance Auditor in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). You’ll be part of our growing Ontario Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Compliance Group, using your skills as a Senior EHS Compliance Auditor to complete projects in Ontario and beyond, working closely with our established team of scientist and engineers to develop our EHS Compliance services business across Canada. This role offers a variety of work, blended between field and office time, performing projects related to proposal pursuits, deliverables, and client development. The projects you will support will be some of the most complex and innovative ones for our Earth & Environment Team.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- You’ll be using your expertise in conducting and managing field assignments, such as environmental and EHS compliance audits, training, hazardous substances and chemical inventory assessments, job hazard assessments, and other similar EHS assignments.
- You’ll be providing senior support in proposal development, project execution, client relationship management, and project management.
- You’ll be preparing and reviewing technical reports, including documentation of audits and field investigative procedures, data management and interpretation, and development of graphical and tabular presentation of data.
- You’ll provide EHS compliance program support for clients including developing procedures, preparing, and submitting periodic regulatory reports, and preparing EHS training programs.
- You’ll be developing programs, performing audits, and providing training to support clients’ ISO 14001 and/or ISO 45001 or other EHS management systems.
- You’ll be using your technical excellence in carrying out EHS management system and compliance audits, hazard / risk identification, assessment and controls programs, emergency preparedness and response planning, pollution prevention planning and due diligence audits.
- You’ll liaise with and, provide support to, other discipline teams in WSP including Properties and Buildings, Transportation and Infrastructure, Earth and Environment, Mining, and Industrial.
- You’ll utilize your experience to mentor intermediate and junior staff in the Environmental Management and EHS Compliance Groups. Responsibilities will include providing project direction and assist in hiring junior and intermediate staff.
- Providing input into business planning, meeting with existing and new WSP clients, developing opportunities and building business for WSP, providing tactical thought leadership for planning, design, and development of environmental and EHS compliance auditing services.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- A bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering (Master’s preferred) within a relevant field (Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Safety Engineering, or similar scientific discipline).
- Approximately 10 years or more of consulting or industry experience.
- Ideally, you’ll have good industrial acumen and experience in both environmental, and health and safety fields, especially in the industrial/manufacturing and infrastructure development sector.
- Ideally, you’ll also have one or more professional certifications or be eligible for certification in one or more of the following fields: environmental auditing [e.g., EP (certified environmental auditor)], environmental management systems [e.g., EP(EMS)], health and safety (e.g., Canadian Registered Safety Professional).
- Willingness to travel locally within the GTA as well as across Canada and abroad as needed for client requirements (possibly up to 50% of your time).
- Experience completing environmental and/or EHS management system and compliance auditing projects, proposals, and client development.
- Initiative to apply knowledge and suggest practical solutions to field challenges.
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness to continuously learn and apply your tech savvy skills.
- Bilingualism (French, Spanish, etc.) is certainly an asset.
- Access to a vehicle, a clean Driver’s Abstract, and you know your way around the MS Office suite of products.