Senior Education Program Associate, Niagara Region
City : Hamilton
Category : Other
Industry : Education
Employer : McMaster University
The Undergraduate Medical Education (UGME) Program is a three-year, multi-campus program. The curriculum focuses on the mastery of fundamental concepts in Medicine and continues the McMaster tradition of problem-based learning. The Senior Education Program Associate role is to provide clerkship & residency rotation and curriculum support for both Undergrad and Postgrad programs at McMaster Univeristy's Niagara Regional Campus. The incumbent will play a key role in planning, supporting, scheduling, event management, meeting organization, preparing student schedules, program materials, data entry and report generation to support the planning, delivery and evaluation of clerkship rotations. This role will work closely with the Regional Campus Manager, Clinical Education Coordinator and Regional Education Leads as well as the Niagara Regional Campus Hospital partners.
Responsible for providing administrative support for an academic program or department, the Senior Education Program Associate plans and coordinates a variety of academic program or department events, projects and activities and is also accountable for monitoring the applicable project and event budgets and forecasting financial gains and shortfalls. Performs the duties of the position in accordance with established policies, procedures, and calendar of events, and is responsible for coordinating resident rotation schedules and a variety of educational events and other learning and research initiatives. Creates positive partnerships with preceptors, teaching units, clinics, sites, campuses, practices, and other support staff.
Purpose and Key Functions:
- Collect, analyze, assess, and summarize information relevant to the decision making process and developing recommendations for final approval and implementation.
- Oversee the Canadian Residency Matching System (CaRMS) with the objective to match all available learner spots to ensure the viability of the program.
- Assist in implementing program software changes, electronic modules and program surveys. Complete regular reports on projects and events status to all stakeholders, leadership and support staff and ensure the project scope and project parameters are clear.
- Maintain, evaluate and continuously update projects and events including, but not limited to, electronic modules, curriculum updates, CaRMS and databases.
- Oversee and coordinate education events, tutorials, academic half days and other learning and research initiatives.
- Create, design and develop banners, presentations and other promotional materials for use at various events.
- Create financial projections for projects and events and adjust throughout the duration of the project and event.
- Monitor budgets and reconcile accounts, complete financial transactions including travel expense reports, advances, electronic cheque requisitions, purchase orders and journal entries.
- Ensure appropriate venues and catering are secured provided and book transportation and audio-visual equipment as required.
- Delegate tasks appropriately to staff to assist with planning and coordinating events and activities.
- Make recommendations about future activities and events based on needs and results surveys.
- Facilitate various meetings and chair committees were applicable.
- Develop, plan, and coordinate rotation schedules for qualified residents at multiple sites.
- Facilitate the evaluation process for preceptors and students. Compile evaluation results and bring negative evaluations forward for review.
- Write a variety of documents including, but not limited to, correspondence and minutes.
- Respond to inquiries that are specific in nature and require a thorough knowledge of established policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Set up and maintains filing systems, both electronic and hard copy.
- Update and maintain information in databases.
- Set up, use, and troubleshoot teleconferencing and videoconferencing equipment.
- 2 year Community College diploma in Business Administration, or related field.
- Requires 3 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience working with the College of Family Physicians of Canada, the Royal College of Canada and the Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine.
- Knowledge of both Undergraduate and Post-Graduate Accreditation elements.
- Knowledge of the PARO (Professional Association of Residents of Ontario) agreement.
- Working knowledge of the policies and procedures of the University, including both the Undergraduate and Post-Graduate medical education programs.
- Working knowledge and experience facilitating the evaluation process for preceptors, which includes bringing negative evaluations forward for review.
- Experience with computerized systems used in the operation of the undergraduate program including MedSiS, the Mac-CARE database, MedPortal, and MacFACTS, etc.
- Knowledge and experience validating MTD data and resolving conflicts.
- Knowledge and experience validating clerkship preceptor and teaching session payments.
The successful incumbent for this position will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience developing, planning, and coordinating clerkship rotation schedules.
- Experience coordinating educational events, tutorials, academic half days and other learning and research initiatives both in person and using web. conferencing programs such Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WebEx.
- Experience collecting, analyzing, assessing, and summarizing information relevant to the decision-making process and develop recommendations for final approval and implementation.
- Experience acting as a liaison between students and residents and the various individuals and offices (internally and externally).
- Experience gathering and compiling data and documentation for a variety of reports, memos, and program activities.
- Experience working with medical learners in an academic setting, which includes training in medical terminology.
- Skills and experience working in a team environment.
- Experience with various software applications including word processing, Excel, Access, Publisher, Outlook, database management, Microsoft Office 365 Teams, Planner, Sway, Forms, & One Drive, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Google Suite.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, motivational, organizational, and planning skills.
This position will require access to reliable home internet service to facilitate our current work from home environment and possible hybrid work model in future.
This position will require access to reliable transportation is required to travel throughout the Niagara Region.
This position may require you to travel and to work outside of your regular work schedule including evenings and weekends to meet operational demands.
What We Offer:
In addition to joining a Top Ranked University, McMaster offers a very competitive Total Compensation Package that includes, but is not limited to:
- Employer Paid benefits such as Extended Health, Dental, Emergency Out-of-Country Travel Coverage & Basic Life Insurance.
- Progressive paid Annual Vacation Plan.
- Participation in a competitive Contributory Pension Plan / Registered Retirement Saving Plan (RRSP)
- Training, coaching and professional development opportunities.
- Employee Tuition Assistance for continuous professional development & education.
- Opportunity to be a part of an academic environment working alongside professionals who share a passion for life-long learning.
For more information, please visit McMaster's Total Rewards website.