Senior Director, Strategy, Planning & Analytics
City : Brampton, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Product Development
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
The Senior Director, Strategy, Planning & Analytics is a senior business lead with extremely strong leadership, communication, influence and organizational skills. You will be accountable for supporting and facilitating the partnership between Product, Design, Sourcing, Planning, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs. You will be responsible for effective collaboration between the Loblaw Brands teams and Enterprise ultimately resulting in successful products that meet the organization’s strategic direction.
The Sr Director, Strategy, Planning & Analytics will develop the 3-year plan in collaboration with internal Loblaw Brands teams and the divisions. You will support the development and implementation of the priorities coming out of the 3-year plan into an ‘operating’ plan, while identifying resources or other constraints that new or upcoming projects/initiatives. You will oversee the Loblaw Brands development framework and seek opportunities to embed analytics into our decision making. This role will proactively seek insights that support the results of the Loblaw Brands performance and be responsible for creating all presentations in support of the Loblaw Brands narrative in the Enterprise,
What You'll Do:
- Drive Loblaw Brands’ Annual Planning Cycle to establish long term departmental objectives, goals, strategies and plans that are aligned with category and corporate strategy to ultimately deliver Control Brand products that drive incremental sales.
- Manage key business processes through the product life cycle to enable the successful execution of product strategies – from initial Stage Gate business cases and quarterly product plan reviews, to post launch management. You will embed analytics across these processes and facilitate to ensure collaboration and input across the department and divisional partners
- Provide project management support for Loblaw Brands priorities including but not limited to new initiatives and marketing programs.
- Lead analysis and insights activities that result in the determination of key strategies, support with customer, market, portfolio data and insights.
- Monitor and analyze financial performance and KPIs against established plans, identify risks and opportunities, and proactively develop recommendations to course correct
- Manage the analytics team to deliver detailed reporting, data and insights to drive business decisions, leveraging internal & external tools (e.g. performance models, benchmark metrics, category strategies, etc.)
- Support executive and leadership teams by objectively facilitating business sessions to identify gaps and opportunities, and drive consensus amongst key stakeholders for resolution
- Support leadership team with business updates & eventing to engage and educate internal and external stakeholders through a compelling narrative
- Support and lead business unit cross-functional initiatives that are directed at productivity improvements
What You'll Need:
- University degree preferably in a business field or equivalent experience
- 7-10+ years management experience
- Previous strategic planning experience at the leadership level
- Previous experience building compelling narrative and presentations appropriate for senior executive consumption
- Proven abilities to partner with and exercise influence, persuade and/or negotiate with other Senior level colleagues across the organization
- Ability to plan and manage priorities, collaborate across the business, communicate persuasively, analyze and develop effective processes is critical
- Strong business acumen and understanding of retail and private labels
- Effective people management skills (mentoring, managing performance, etc.)
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); knowledge of Microstrategy, Top shelf and Nielsen is a plus
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.