Senior Director Strategy & Business Operations
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As Senior Director of Strategy and Business Operations, you will be responsible for setting the direction, oversight and delivery of the strategic vision, initiatives and business operations and management activities across Retail Banking and Payments Technology (RBPT). Reporting to the Senior Vice President / Head you will provide strategic and operational support to the executive team and have the opportunity to collaborate with leaders across T&O, P&CB, and RBC (e.g. Finance, HR, T&O Functions, P&CB Strategy and Business Planning, etc.) to drive and deliver on strategic and operational mandate and activities.
What will you do?
- Act as a strategic advisor to Senior Vice President / Head and other executives to support with strategic and operational mandate
- Partner with various senior leaders across T&O and RBC to drive cross-enterprise strategic initiatives and activities (e.g. Reimagine HR. Capitalization, Vendor Strategy & Management, Zero based budgeting, T&O QBR, Future of Work.)
- Lead different executive meetings on a frequent basis to set strategic direction for the function while discussing the progress on operational activities and financial
- Lead Strategy and Business Operations team (approx. 20 people) to provide direction on Technology Strategy, Portfolio and Planning Management, Vendor Strategy and Execution, Operational Risk, and Communications
- Lead RBPT vendors strategy and execution in alignment with the overall T&O and RBPT Strategy
What do you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate degree in business or similar, MBA would be an asset
- 10+ years proven experience collaborating and advising senior executives while leading and executing strategic projects / programs (consulting experience would be an asset)
- Executive engagement, stakeholder management and people leadership experience.
- Strong understanding of our revenue-generating businesses and financial literacy
- Strong problem solving, strategic mindset, technology strategy
- Ability to develop content and tailor messaging and presentations for an executive audience
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.