Senior Director, Programs & Outcomes
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Technology
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Location:500 Lakeshore Blvd. West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2V9
When you hire great people, great things can happen.
PC Financial offers unprecedented value to Canadians through payment products. We're a different kind of bank with a different type of team—we’re collaborative and supportive and have the freedom and responsibility to thrive. Our purpose is to make the everyday simple and better for our customers, and we strive to make every dollar worth more.
Proudly serving over 3 million customers, PC Financial continues to grow by offering payment solutions and services that reward our customers every day. As a subsidiary of Loblaws Company Inc., we share the CORE values of Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence. We are dedicated to helping Canadians Live Life Well. Join us on our journey.
We are currently seeking a Senior Director, Outcomes Management that has strong leadership and technical expertise in supporting and ensuring smooth operations across multiple in-house and outsourced functions within PC Financial & Services (PCFS) businesses including PC Bank, PC Insurance, Gift Card and The Mobile Shop businesses.
As part of the technology team you will work with partners and vendors to ensure ongoing availability and resiliency of implemented solutions, lead key technical risks and help shape the future of our platforms. In particular, you’ll have experience leading and driving teams to solve issues, triage complex problems and ensure we meet our regulatory and security obligations. This role has impacts on many of the business units with the company and provides an opportunity to interact with various people at all levels in the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a department of up to 20 individuals & outsourced service vendors accountable for over $40 million of critical initiative spend, providing management of the budget
- Build exceptional relationship across the PCFS leadership team, building direct and trusted professional relationships
- Bring expertise and consult within our technology functions about integration, interfaces and data flows and software.
- Ensuring the end consumer benefits from innovative technology in an “24/7 online world”
- Ability to drive quality post-delivery of projects & deployed solutions
- Certifying appropriate levels of control adherence within the team and reviewing contractual SLAs and requirements.
- Establishing performance targets, leading teams to deliver reliability objectives and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Propose and implement incremental and transformational improvements to systems and delivery processes
- Liaison and work with other technology and business management to achieve high quality, innovative, cost-effective and timely delivery results
- Build the overall IT strategy and apply data to drive insight & decisions.
- Own executive communication on impact, status and resolution of critical issues
- Build effective dashboards and reporting for management and the Board.
What You'll Need:
- At least 7-10 years of practical experience in leading and developing support teams or related functions
- Strong experience in agile development & dev-ops processes
- Experience in supporting digital assets such as websites, mobile apps and integrations
- Understanding of applications, risks and controls applicable to banking/ financial services sector, preferably in the payments sector
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Understanding of modern and cloud-based technology stacks
- Professional reporting and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to be part of multiple projects/initiatives of varying size and complexity, while simultaneously meeting and exceeding deadlines in a diverse environment
- Occasional travel required to vendor and corporate offices in the GTA
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:1
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.