Senior Director, Mergers & Acquisitions
City : Montréal, QC
Category : Global - Legal
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
Senior Director - Mergers & Acquisitions
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
· Leader in all acquisition projects and strategic alliances.
· Leading several potential transactions simultaneously, including divestitures, you will work closely with the executive and management teams for all our business groups (both in Canada and internationally).
· Participate in all processes surrounding business acquisition projects and strategic alliances – from the identification of targets to preliminary financial analysis, drafting of letters of intent, negotiation of purchase and sale agreements.
· Conduct financial and valuation analyses.
· Participate in and coordinate due diligence processes, including financial, commercial, legal and tax aspects.
· Participate in the drafting and review of due diligence reports and transaction documentation.
· Prepare strategic analyses and presentations, in support of transaction processes and strategic planning, for the President and the Board of Directors.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
· University degree in finance/accounting or other relevant field; CPA designation.
· 10 to 15 years of experience in accounting and finance, due diligence and mergers and acquisitions.
· Experience in a professional services environment is an asset.
· Working knowledge of Canadian and international financial and accounting concepts and principles and understanding of key business drivers, primarily those related to mergers and acquisitions.
· Audit experience, including a solid understanding of financial statements and their various components.
· Experience in reviewing legal purchase and sale contracts.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team and with senior management.
· Business acumen and negotiation skills.
· Excellent communication skills in English and French – both oral and written.
· Proven proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Occasional travel