Senior Director, Healthcare Strategy and Transformation
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
We are hiring a Senior Director, Healthcare Strategy & Care Transformation reporting to the Vice President, Health Transformation and Outcomes. The Senior Director is responsible for leading a team that helps identify, evaluate, and execute large scale strategic initiatives and opportunities to drive growth through across Shoppers Drug Mart. Such initiatives may include, but are not limited to, enterprise-wide care transformation programs, strategic partnerships, and large-scale customer experience initiatives.
The Senior Director will lead and work with cross-functional teams and senior leadership to define, analyze and prioritize strategic initiatives in healthcare and health & wellness, as well as the related roadmaps and execution plans. The Senior Director will collaborate with our pharmacy, healthcare, and technology leads to develop, refine and communicate enterprise growth strategies. In this capacity, the Senior Director may oversee relevant consulting and other third party engagements and lead the creation of board and senior management communication materials.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of directors and managers in the healthcare strategy and care transformation team, as well as other internal stakeholders, external partners, consultants and 3rd parties to assess opportunities and develop growth strategies
- Create and present communication materials to senior management across the enterprise
- Lead strategic negotiations around potential partnerships and other collaborations
- Develop and refine use cases, opportunity assessments, financial models and other related business planning material
- Lead day-to-day coordination of cross-functional, enterprise wide implementation and execution planning, resolving issues as needed
- Collect and analyze data to support strategies and decision-making
- Make strategic decisions based on complex data and information
- Use superior power point and written communication skills to create presentations which captivate senior leadership, cross-functional team members and potential partners
- Become the subject matter expert in relevant areas of healthcare, as well as relevant regulatory and industry developments
What You'll Need:
- University degree with a concentration in Business and / or Health Sciences, preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in strategic planning and execution in the healthcare sector
- Previous experience in consulting is an asset
- Experience leading and mentoring teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent power point and excel skills
- Must be able to develop business cases with accompanying investment metric models
- Ability to work within a dynamic rapidly growing and evolving environment
- Ability to work with and lead cross-functional departments to achieve business goals
- Good understanding of healthcare regulatory frameworks and healthcare ecosystem
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, combined with well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.