Senior Director – Digital Channels & User Experience Technology
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
What if you could use your technology skills to work on products that make an impact by delivering unforgettable client experiences? We’ve moved beyond digitizing simple banking capabilities towards an end-to-end transformation of our customers’ journeys. We’re a collaborative team with our sights set on building the tech stack of the future with modern, flexible architecture by building once and reusing across channels.
Between releases and working on really cool stuff, we eat, sleep, and breathe agile: Build. Test. Learn. It’s our way of life, and we believe technical excellence and thoughtful design enhance this way of working. We’re keenly motivated to step up to the plate and take ownership of our work: we do it with pride. We care deeply about the outcomes, but how we get there matters too. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Senior Director to lead our front end practice to join us on our journey.
This is where you come in: In this role you’ll lead a dynamic group of developers, delivering on cutting edge solutions to meet the needs of Canadians. You’ll also facilitate the discovery for new work and hone our development practices that cross the organization.
Backed by the might of our teams, you’ll have the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that make a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional development roles!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Coaching & Mentoring
- Foster a culture of continuous learning for our UI development team
- Collaborate with Delivery, Services and Components teams to create innovative solutions for complex problems
- Create innovation challenges that drive technology further – expanding outside of the boundaries of traditional banking technology
- Lead complex problem solving across Digital
- Inform best practices and development guidelines across Digital
- Work within an Agile product team comprising technical, product and business team members to deliver exceptional products
- Collaborate closely with core systems team to support core modernization
- Research and influence industry trends within your chapter’s competency and ensure that Digital is using the best available tools and techniques
- Establish technical standards and best practices for journeys and squads
- Drive innovation with chapter members through meetings and activities (code reviews, demos, meetups, conferences, etc.)
- Act as a trusted technical partner to business by providing guidance and technical directions
- Delivery in line with organizational financial management practices
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- 7-10 years of experience combined in Programming, Saas/ PaaS applications, API development, user experience frameworks, test-driven development, and architecture design principles
- Experience working on large complex Digital Initiatives focused on client experience and microservice architecture
- Deep experience with coaching, mentoring and leading large teams in a matrixed organization.
- Strong ability and proven experience in building and developing a high performing team/culture, and a strong inclination for continuous learning and growth (e.g., keeping up to date on latest technology trends, industry research)
- Experience building reusable components for reuse across channels of exceptional quality
- Strong communication, workshop facilitation, problem-solving/probing skills with ability to build relationships, lead teams, and actively collaborate with cross-organization teams
- Track record of anticipating and designing solutions to overcome technical problems
- Built or significantly improved large technological areas or architecture initiatives
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Opportunity to work on really cool stuff and make a difference
- Work in a fun, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Access to world-class learning resources and relevant programs
RBC requires as a condition of employment that all successful candidates in the United States and Canada be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date, and may require proof of the same. Reasonable accommodation is available where required by law.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.