Senior Director, Advisory & Oversight, P&CB
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Audit | Compliance | Legal | Risk
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the Opportunity?
As part of the Group Risk Management team, the Senior Director, Advisory & Oversight, P&CB will ensure operational risk profiles demonstrate fair and accurate representation of operational risk exposure and provide leadership with independent and objective operational risk management insights used for decision making.
This role partners closely with the executive management within the business, GRM and functions to facilitate the implementation of the operational risk framework and sound risk management practices across the business platform.
The Senior Director will oversee the design and development of risk management programs and monitor its effectiveness.
What will you do?
Direct the Implementation of RBC’s Operational Risk Management (ORM) program and practices
- Develop and set the vision, strategy, mandate, and operating model for the unit
- Drive strategy, culture and activities to enable the team to operate as an integrated organization and execute the ORM plan effectively
- Oversee the implementation of core operational risk management programs (including operational resilience) and bring external best practices
- Lead transformational changes and ensure alignment with the unit’s strategy
- Inform and demonstrate horizontal, regional or control specific views on operational risk exposures
- Identify internal and external trends, with an aggregated view on into areas of perceived elevated or emerging operational risks
Provide Operational Risk advice and monitor key & emerging risks
- Lead risk mitigation strategies and advise executives in understanding and managing risks within their business and across the enterprise including risk oversight on large scale transformational initiatives.
- Champion and drive behaviours that embed a strong risk management culture across 1st & 2nd LoD
- Provide expert advice on operational risk, leveraging insights from OR reporting and analytics, independent reviews and industry perspective to ensure a forward looking view on ORM Programs
- Actively support 1LOD in establishing operational risk appetite that aligns with their with stated strategic objectives
- Ensure stakeholders are enabled with appropriate tools and resources to react proactively to issues
Enable regulatory change, OR governance and reporting
- Acts as the interface to regulators, supervisors, and statutory bodies, providing expertise and responding to requests as required
- Manage and build relationships with regulators and auditors (internal and external)
- Oversee analysis and monitoring of one or more platform or geography’s control environments
- Report operational risk profiles and exposures to Executives on a regular basis
- Develop an integrated story board, aggregating risk dashboards and metrics to provide a profile of operational risk to Executives on a regular basis
- Ensure ORM program requirements (and specific areas of focus – e.g..: fraud - if required) meet regulatory expectations and align to best practice
Act as a leader in ORM
- Lead a team of operational risk professionals and drive a culture of integrity and behaviors that align to RBC’s Code of Conduct and professional standards
- Foster strong stakeholder relationships to enable active and collaborative working relationships
- Work collaboratively across teams, enabling an engaged workforce who are effective, knowledgeable and adaptable
- Foster an environment of continuous personal growth
- Establish clear goals, objectives, and deliverables for the team based on ORM and Stakeholder priorities; monitor team progress and pivot to emerging priorities when needed
- Act as a thought leader within the broader operational risk management community
- 12-15yrs experience in risk management, deep knowledge of banking regulatory requirements and best practices related to risk management practices globally
- Experience leading a large and/or complex global or cross-functional teams
- Experience leading in a matrixed environment, managing a diverse group of executive stakeholders
- Expert in risk management methodologies
- Highly proficient in stakeholder management, change management, strategy development, people management
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to partner with multiple stakeholders across a matrixed environment
- Strong ability to influence, motivate and effect change
- Undergraduate degree
- Graduate degree or equivalent work experience; Designation / Certification associated with Risk Management
What is in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to build and deliver trusted reporting to help our stakeholders succeed and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.