Senior Digital Verification Engineer
City : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Category : Engineering
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Ciena
Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified below and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
What will you do at Ciena as a Senior Digital Verification Engineer?
The Wavelogic family of products are widely used in Ciena's optical fiber transmission solutions, and are one of the main contributors to Ciena's success in the telecommunications industry. To further strengthen our team, we are looking for a hardworking digital verification engineer who will be involved in the verification of these products, working within a team of digital design engineers, verification engineers and architects. Your role as a senior digital verification engineer will be to propose and implement innovative verification strategies, in order to thoroughly simulate and validate functional blocks and subsystems for the Wavelogic family of products.
- The senior team member is encouraged to read and understand the architecture and functional requirements specification document(s) and communicate and collaborate with systems engineers and architects
- You are held responsible for the complete and detailed validation of one or more architectural functional blocks by using an appropriate combination of simulation, formal and coverage methods
- You are encouraged to build the verification, functional coverage and formal verification test plans
- You are accountable for the creation of testbench environment and/or components, agents, scoreboard, and all test scenarios related to your architectural functional block using System Verilog UVM and/or C where applicable
- You will perform coverage driven verification, monitor regressions and debug resulting failures with the help of the function's designer
- Reporting on status updates on a regular basis
What technical experience and personal skills are required for this role?
- Electrical or computer engineering, computer science or other applicable scientific degree at the BEng/BSc or MEng/MSc level
- A highly motivated self-starter, able to work independently, while being a great teammate
- Ability to methodically address sophisticated technical problems
- Excellent organization, written and oral (English) interpersonal skills
- Proficiency above the intermediate level with use of System Verilog, UVM, SVA, and simulators from major vendors.
- Validated ability in resolving appropriate and comprehensive digital verification and coverage strategies
What additional assets can help me in this role?
- Experience with formal verification methods
- Experience with mixed-signal design validation
- Experience in DSP and/or Forward Error Correction
- Experience with using Jira for bug tracking and GIT for source code management and revision tracking
- Familiarity with programming languages such as: Python, Make, bash, object-oriented programming, C, C++, System C
The above lists are intended to describe the general nature and level of work, and they are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required to be qualified and to be performed by the selected candidate. You will have an opportunity to better understand the role through the interview experience.
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination. Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We do not charge any fee for employment and the same applies to the Recruitment Partners we work with. Additionally, we do not ask for any refundable security deposit to be paid in bank accounts for employment purposes. We request candidates to be cautious of misleading communications and not pay any fee/ deposit to individuals/ agencies/ employment portals on the pretext of attending Ciena’s interview process or seeking employment with us.