Senior Digital Product Manager, Scotia Digital
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174395
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a key member of the digital sales product team, you will assume end-to-end ownership for acquisition journeys for unsecured lending across all platforms. Leveraging your ability to organize and motivate teams, you will closely work with the Lending Product lead, other Product managers, Bank Stakeholders, Software Developers, and Designers to translate the customer journey directives into actionable backlog deliverables and follow through to completion.
Is this role right for you?
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Define and own the roadmap for a best-in-class digital onboarding experience for unsecured lending customers
- Develop digital tools to aid customers in better decision-making to choose a lending product that’s right for them
- Work closely with the business, compliance & other control functions, while always negotiating and pushing for the benefit of good customer experience & high business value
- Leads problem discovery to understand customer needs, current challenges, industry trends and best practices. Works closely with design and engineering partners to come up with solutions
- Defines the customer and business value by establishing relevant objectives and key results (OKRs). Sell executive leadership on the value through crisp and meaningful presentations
- Works with analytics to monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) such as sales funnel performance, penetration and engagement
- Use data to drive decisions. Build hypothesis, test & iterate to formulate an agile product development approach
- Maintain a prioritized backlog, write detailed user stories and participate in sprint planning & review activities. Engage day-to-day with the scrum teams, clarifying questions and helping with decision making
- Establishes a close relationship with the business stakeholders to ensure their requirements are translated into the right products and journeys. Manage expectations with effective communication
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have 6+ years of experience in a role building customer facing digital products
- You have managed a technology product or a digital journey end-to-end, from inception to delivery
- You are knowledgeable about multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Agile/Scrum, Engineering, UX/UI Design, Sales and Marketing, Finance
- You are a master of identifying and solving ambiguous problems to drive customer and business value
- You have excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- You have a curious and experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty
- Your verbal and written communication skills are exceptional, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at different levels in the organizations
- It would be a bonus if you have experience in the financial industry
- Engineering, Computer Science or Business degrees considered an asset
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Work arrangements: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.