Senior Diags Software Development Engineer
City : Burnaby, British Columbia
Category : Permanent
Industry : Applied R&D
Employer : Nokia
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
We are a B2B technology innovation leader pioneering the future where networks meet cloud.
At Nokia you will have a positive impact on peopleu2019s lives and help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and accessible world.
Be part of a culture built on an inclusive way of working where we are open to your ideas, you are empowered to take risks and are encouraged to be fearless in bringing your authentic self to work.
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
The team you will be a part of
The pandemic has highlighted how vital telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
What you will learn and contribute to
- Design and develop Diags software according to the product roadmap in collaboration with Software, Hardware, DVT (Design Verification), FPGA design and Operations production test teams.
- Design and develop Diags software from the early concept phase through architecture, prototype/board bring-up to ultimate release of the product to production.
- Develop regression tests to confirm that Diags are fault-free.
- Provide support for newly released and mature products to optimise manufacturing yields. Provide debug support for complex product/test problems in manufacturing.
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive E2E production test strategy.
- Contribute to and support product design-for-testability to drive optimal test Diags coverage and help reduce the cost of production testing.
- Contribute to the development of production test debug guides by documenting Diags routines.
Your skills and experience
You have :
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, or Computer Engineering with 2+ years of related up to date experience.
- Experience in C/C++ is essential.
- Understanding of writing code on low level direct hardware access using device data sheets for accessing embedded controller and their peripherals and associated low level interface protocols; examples include JTAG, SPI, I2C
- Comfortable working with S/W development environment tools and Linux.
It would be nice if you also had :
- Knowledge of real-time OS and embedded UNIX and using its debug capabilities.
- Comfortable reading product hardware schematics and performing digital circuit analysis. Experienced in analysing and debugging failures.
- Understanding of script languages like TCL or PERL for test sequencing
- Experience with boot loaders, e.g. u-boot, multi-core processors, PCIe
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get backed by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.