Senior Developer, Scotia Digital
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1H3G2
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 176422
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
This role will be within the Scotiabank Digital Services (DS) team, working within the eConsent and Digitized Solutions organization which provides digital enabling capabilities, API & Event Enablement, leadership in Delivery, supporting an Enterprise-wide Digitization solution, performing development, design and deployment.
Reporting to the Senior Manager IT, the Senior Developer will be working collaboratively with the eConsent and Digitized Solutions team to lead, provide technical mentorship, and support the eConsent application solution which is leveraged by multiple Canadian, International and Enterprise-wide lines of business. You will be partnering with multiple teams in delivering requirements, be proactive, creative, demonstrate initiative, have an eagerness to learn and thrive on challenge.
Is this role right for you?
- Technical leadership skills and good technical resource for problem analysis and solution implementation
- Work closely with Delivery and Technical Architecture teams, Product Owners and Technical Platform teams to design and develop high quality solutions supporting enterprise architecture and business process improvements that support our business and technical strategies.
- Technical knowledge on new development projects and initiatives; translating requirements into capabilities and creating compliant technical solutions and business opportunities
- Implement new systems or enhancements by reviewing programs written by team members, establishing and executing system test procedures, developing implementation plan, developing the required program and system documentation and ensuring all functionality has been delivered as required. The incumbent is also required to provide post implementation support and training to the Production Support staff on the production processing functionality
- Hands-on experience with application solutions, architecture design, API and Service Integration using Microservice architecture
- Innovation with the ability to grow and modernize the vision of our service
- Support other development areas providing technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to staff and more junior Developers
- Must be able to work within tight deadlines, which may result in additional work hours to meet project deliverables
- Keeps current on new technology
- Pager rotation is mandatory
- Deal effectively with external Vendors, Business Partners, internal Stakeholders and Management
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively liaise between Business Users, Project Teams, external Vendors and Technical Support Teams working in a geographically dispersed team
- Good presentation and negotiation skills
- Able to apply existing and emerging technologies / architectures to deliver innovative solutions
- Strong analytical skills - problem identification and resolution
- Experience as subject matter expert for multiple initiatives
- Must have at least 5 years of working experience with Microservices, Core JAVA, Chassis, Spring Boot and APIs
- Good knowledge of MongoDB or Azure SQL server (experience developing SQL queries)
- In-depth knowledge of SDLC methodology and experience in both Agile and Waterfall delivery frameworks
- Understanding of File Transfer protocols and processes i.e., FTP, SFTP, PGP Encryption
- Technical working experience with UNIX shell scripting
- Experience with change management and version control
- Knowledge and understanding of REST APIs
- Experience in writing/creating/updating technical documents
- Experience in batch job/process scheduling
- 5+ years of experience in IT, with an emphasis on API development, and proven ability in delivery services using Java Spring Boot, Cloud technology, IBM WebSphere or using similar components or frameworks.
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.