Senior Developer, Mine Engineering Systems
City : Calgary, AB, CA
Category : Quebrada Blanca Phase 2
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
The Senior Developer will be responsible for software development and sustainment of drilling and blasting systems using Agile approaches. This temporary contract position will be on the Engineering Systems team
This work includes software development activities, system delivery release management, change management, software quality assurance and support of the current system. Specific systems to be enhanced are Drilling and Blasting systems (DABS+) and other custom developed solutions within the Mine Engineering domain. Activities include software development (ASP.NET + .NET Core, C++ including Standard Template Library / API development, C#), system design, specification and estimation, development of Service Based Applications (Windows & WCF Services), quality assurance. Enhancements will include development of system integrations between vendor systems and our custom system.
This role will design and improve application functionality according to user specifications as well as the refactoring of C++ and C# code towards better maintainability and robustness. The ideal candidate would be adept at understanding complex systems to help solve end user requirements.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn new processes and technologies, and able to take a lead role for system support.
- Be a capable problem solver and think critically both independently and part of the small team.
- Solid proficiency in and have at least 5 years of object-oriented software development experience in C++ and C# with ASP.NET MVC experience doing full Stack development to deliver secure applications to a business specification.
- Embarcadero C++ Builder development experience
- Thrives in a collaborative cross-team development framework working to provide value and innovate.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal with ability to engage various stakeholders in the business as well as innovation teams.
- Can efficiently self-manage: providing estimates, prioritize tasks, create and deliver to schedules/multi-sprint planning.
- Great communications skills to work within multiple squads and provide solutions based on user requests.
- Migration/adjustment of the drill and blast systems to .NET Core and add functional capabilities in support of business process changes.
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery of custom solutions using the Microsoft Technology Stack, MSBuild and Azure DevOps.
- Source Management with Git/Azure Repos within a Small distributed team.
- Experience with windows Thick Client Software Development (Traditional Windows Applications), Windows Service Development
- Software Development background including development of distributed applications
- SQL Server Database Application Development with SQL Server 2016 or above including development and support of stored procedures and SSRS Reports.
- Web Server Configuration experience: Internet Information Server (IIS) Configuration Experience.
- Familiarity with ORM tools like NHibernateand Entity framework
Nice to Have
- Mining and or drill and blasting domain knowledge would be an asset.
- Experience managing backlog, planning and estimating work, peer reviews for other software development in the area.
- Prior experience in Migration of systems to a Cloud based architecture
- Enhancement, Incident and Defect Management Experience with a tool like ServiceNow.
- Business Analysis Experience and Implementation Experience for small software development projects.
- Familiarity with frameworks such as VueJS, NodeJS, and other alternatives
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Familiarity with DEVOPS processes
- Familiarity with use of Azure DEVOPS tools.
- Power BI Analytics experience
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Teck has been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the six consecutive years. Teck has also been named to the Forbes list of the World’s Best Employers for the past two years and is one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources