Senior Developer (Java/Kafka)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Computer Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 172854
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Global Wealth Engineering client technology team is transforming the digital experience for its clients. The team partners and works closely with the Scotia Digital team to bring world-class digital experiences for all Scotia Wealth Management channels. The team plays a key role to help investor manage their investments and reach their financial goals.
Global Wealth Engineering Technology Team is looking for an energetic and results-oriented Senior Developer to join our team to help build our API platform for our wealth customers. We’re looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done.
Is this role right for you?
- Lead technical decisioning for the scrum teams, collaborating with solutions architects and other technical leads.
- Develop coding standards and testing approaches.
- Guide your team through technical issues and challenges
- Delegate work and assignments to team members
- Collaborate with delivery lead to plan milestones, successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed.
- Design and develop micro services based on Cloud solutions, such as Microsoft Azure, Google GCP
- Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
- Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
- Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
- Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
- Working experience in performance analysis and tuning
- Provides production support for applications maintained
Do you have the skills?
Must Have Skills:
- Experience building scalable, enterprise level technology stacks with Java but ideally with a broad set of tools
- 5 + years web service development with Java 8+ (minimum 2 years) or above, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Data and Swagger/OAS (Open API Specification)
- 2 + years working with cloud based microservices (Azure, PCF or GCP)
- 5 + years’ experience with Java Frameworks: Spring, JUnit, Log4j
- 5 + years’ experience with JSON/RESTful, XML, and SOAP services
- 5 + years database development stored procedures with SQL, AzureSQL, Sybase OR MS SQL
- Hands-on experience in Cloud MicroService and MicroApp development
- Experience in application monitoring software, including Dynatrace, Splunk or their equivalent tools.
- Practical experience designing and developing microservices using modern practices/techniques including Domain-Driven Design, event driven architectures, reactive programming and distributed caching
- Experience with Continuous Development or Continuous Integration is a plus
- Knowledge of distributed system design patterns like distributed configuration, service discovery, routing, service-to-service calls, circuit breakers
- Knowledge of Apache/Confluence Kafka, Kafka topics, brokers, stream processing and event streaming platforms
- Experience in batch process development/support using shell script in Unix/Linux
What’s in it for you?
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.