Senior Developer, Data Scientist
City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 390851
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Bell Business Markets team enables the digital transformation of businesses and governments nationwide through solutions in areas including Internet and private networks, voice and unified communications, contact centre, security, Internet of Things, data centre and cloud. We’re proud to be Canada’s leading provider of broadband network and communication services for businesses and governments.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to utilize their analytical, statistical, and programming skills to leverage large data sets to derive business value and solve business problems.
The primary responsibility for the Senior Data Scientist will be to lead an important and highly impactful project consisting of a complex routing algorithm that incorporates custom logic for assigning requests to operational teams. This project, which is focused on providing smart task management, will also contain a machine learning model to predict the complexity of requests coming in from both internal and external partners. The successful candidate needs to have a balance between technical and project management skills. It will be critical to engage operational team leaders to ensure the algorithms implemented are aligned with business objectives. To succeed in this role, the candidate needs a minimum of 3 years of work experience with these skills.
- Identify areas for ML/AI opportunities and demonstrate to internal clients how ML/AI can improve their business
- Communicate with operational team leaders to ensure implemented algorithms are aligned with business objectives and processes
- Facilitate an in-depth understanding of the organization's operations
- Explore and propose solutions to business problems that can be addressed using insights from data
- Present data-driven recommendations to a variety of audiences, including the executive team
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with other primes from operations, project and capacity planning
- Support in end-to-end data roadmap strategy including ETL development, analytics, reporting, model building and providing recommendations
- University degree in Computer Science, Stats, Engineering, Mathematics or another quantitative discipline. Graduate degree in Data Science or related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a professional data position
- Advanced development skills using Python
- Advanced knowledge of ML models: deep learning, reinforcement learning, NLP, and other classification/regression algorithms
- Highly analytical with an understanding of the basic principles of working with large and complex data sets (using Python, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Teradata)
- Experience with query development (SQL) and data visualization tools (such as PowerBI, Tableau, MicroStrategy)
- Understanding and experience with best practices of developing and deploying models into production (using Kafka, AirFlow, NiFi, OpenShift, Docker, CI/CD)
- Strong interpersonal, consulting, collaborative, oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in statistics with a demonstrated application of a wide range of analytical techniques to solve a variety of business problems
- Passion for uncovering business needs, identifying opportunities, and aligning efforts to ensure timely implementation
- Proven track record of taking initiative, recognizing opportunities for improvements as well as translating and presenting data insights into impactful recommendations
- Deadline driven with excellent project and time management skills
#Indeed #Tech #Technology #Talent #Data #DataScience #DataScientist #SQL #Python #NLP #Microstrategy #Tableau #PowerBI #Docker #Openshift #Airflow #Kafka
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 10/02/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.