Senior Developer, Data Engineering
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 408234
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
The work force management software development team is responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting field services control center applications and reports. Our team work closely with control center and field managers to discover opportunities, increase synergy and improve productivity by providing application solution. If you are interested in joining our dynamic programming team and having a direct impact on the customer experience, we are the place for you.
- Design functional requirements, program SQL database objects and data transformation "ETL" in a Microsoft SQL Server environment
- Data profiling in RDBMS applications and associated systems to ensure their quality and compliance with requirements
- Work closely with stakeholders to implement end-to-end database solutions
- Analyze the solution taking into consideration the infrastructure in place, opportunities and information security
- Optimize database programming to avoid bottlenecks and implement a data archiving strategy
- Reuse the team's common libraries, programming standards and apply best practices
- Provide estimate, work breakdown structure (WBS) and progress on projects
- Creation of user guides and participate in the improvement of production applications
- Post deployment application support and identify problems, find solutions and apply fixes
- Strong experience of at least 5 years in SQL query, DDL creation, T-SQL programming (procedure, function ...) and ETL in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or more recent
- Strong experience in objects database modeling and relational models
- Experience with SSIS, SSAS and SQL Agent Scheduler tools
- Experience in a transactional (OLTP) and analytical (OLAP) database environment
- Experience with Git or Team Foundation
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good communication, teamwork, documentation and organizational skills
#Indeed #Tech #Technology #Talent #Data #ETL #SQL #DataScience #WBS #Microsoft #GIT #OLTP #OLAP #Database
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 04/02/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.