Senior Developer, Cloud Engineering
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 377384
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
The Bell Network and Technology Services (“NTS”) team is on a journey to transform how Bell delivers the best customer experience with seamless access to a software-driven and cloud-based ecosystem of products, services and content. This transformation is about simplifying, virtualizing and automating the network transport and services to lower costs and increase agility to deploy Bell services.
Our team, Cloud Center of Excellence, is at the heart of this transformation. We are on a mission to enable Bell Services’ teams to virtualize and cloudify network services and applications by providing self-serve, on-demand, reliable and secure cloud services, while supporting them on their journey.
We are a powerful mix of infrastructure, networking, security, storage, cloud computing, software development experts, supported by a crew of scrum masters and senior managers.
If you love…
- Community; ours is awesome. You will interact with a diversified team of technical leads and open-minded executives, in an Agile environment, work in a flexible space (from office or home) and participate in team building activities (on hold for now, you know why!)
- Connecting with people from other fields. You will bridge different business units and collaborate with many teams to make the best outputs
- New technologies, our team is evolving in cutting edge technologies fields
- Implement, support and improve appropriate network and automation solutions to support the NTS requirements.
- Design, test and deliver the network functions with production quality
- Implement solutions to provide end-to-end connectivity for complex service requirements
- Actively participate to implement DevOps concepts.
- Define requirements and specifications with internal groups in an Agile setting (Epics and User Stories)
- Participate to the technology development; contribute to the strategy and evolution of existing services, as well as future architecture evolution around communication platforms.
- University Diploma or College Degree in Technology Engineering, Computer Science or Information Science, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of technical or operation experience in network or IT
- 3-5 years experience deploying public cloud solutions
- Knowledge and hands on experience in at least one of AWS, GCP, Azure platforms (the services, etc.)
- IaC (Terraform, Ansible, JSON, Python)
- Experience with DevSecOps configuration and release management processes and tools (Gitlab, CICD, Coding skills)
- Experience working with container solutions such Docker and or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Cloud Native concepts
- Knowledge of SRE practice
- Networking (Some TCP/IP knowledge)
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with a good sense of humour
- Team player who always put the interest of the team above all other priorities
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement in day-to-day work and take appropriate actions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a strong attention to details
- Strong time management skills and work ethic (highly motivated) to manage multiple projects/accountabilities
- Agile / DevOps / Lean / Six Sigma experience
- Experience in building network infrastructure
- Cloud and or Network certifications
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of VMware and or OpenStack
- Strong analytical skills
- Organized and self-driven
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 08/31/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
#Talent #Indeed #Tech
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.