Senior Deskside Analyst – Full Time – Hybrid – ON
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Technology and Digital Media
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : LifeLabs
LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
Consistently named one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes, LifeLabs has also been recognized for having an award-winning Mental Health Program from Benefits Canada. The passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
Reports to: End User Tech Services Lead
Purpose of the Role Senior Deskside Analyst’s primary objective is to deliver exceptional end-user experience by effectively and professionally providing the second level of support for end-user desktop software, hardware, and access-related issues. The Senior Deskside Analyst will work with multiple tools and technologies throughout the LifeLabs environment and across multiple project streams and locations to provide enhancements to end user devices and maintain best in class performance. This role will also be a point of escalation within the team and provide fellow team members with resolutions based on their experience.
Technical & Support
- Act as a dispatcher on the ticketing system to assign tickets to appropriate resources and prioritize workload based on severity of issue and end-user needs
- Respond to help desk calls, often of a sensitive and confidential nature, relating to users and their computer hardware, software, network access, and email issues
- Act as the Oracle SME for IT team
- Purchase and Install software licenses on users’ machines
- Administer network, email and application security accounts
- Perform PC re-building, re-imaging, or device deployment
- Troubleshoot PC and Printer devices for common issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve Ethernet connectivity issues and Peripheral connectivity issues
- Follow the set procedures to generate purchase order requisitions
- Work on improving current processes for user experiences
- Act as a Liaison between the Kyndryl teams and Deskside to transition tasks/processes
- Engage third-party vendors where needed
- Work with Procurement and Finance for IT cost center consolidation
- Onboard new desktop support team members
- Train team members to maintain exceptional team morale, customer service, and delivery of organizational IT goals
- Provide guidance to junior team members on resolutions
- Maintain working relationships with customers, supplier, contractors and team members
- Provide input into development of action plans to address individual and team competency gaps
- Document solutions provided to users for future reference for team members
- Participate in the on-call rotation
- Ability to comprehend devices not typically utilized i.e., Thin Client, Label Printers, Bar Code Scanners, etc.
Minimum Qualification and Skills
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Five (5) years’ related work experience
- Must have atleast one Microsoft certification
- CompTIA+ certification will be preferred
- Exceptional knowledge of computer applications, software, and hardware
- Experience working in a team environment and collaborating with other teams
#LI LM1 #INDEED
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
LifeLabs operates under a distributed workforce model, where employee flexibility is a key priority. Further information will be provided during the interview process on what this means for employees.