City : Toronto
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
As Senior Designer in Sun Life Corporate Real Estate, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Design team by leading initiatives and projects and acting in a mentorship capacity, including serving as a primary lead on Workplace Strategy Design initiatives, fostering, strengthening and maintaining relationships both internal and external, as well as seeking out exposures and gaps in current practices and processes and establishing means to close them.
- Lead the development of office standards for ongoing role out of financial center projects
- Support continued development of the corporate workplace while balancing quality, cost, function, and other qualitative measures.
- Support other design leaders in the review of office designs as part of corporate office projects.
- Monitor, assess and revise corporate design standards to inform future implementations
- Contribute to the development of corporate sustainability guidelines, standards and specifications as related to design
- Lead in the development and maintenance of design contracts with (qualifying) vendors, suppliers and consultants ensuring competitive pricing and stringent delivery monitoring of key performance indicators.
- Work with various internal teams and consultants from Request for Proposal (RFP) to project close-out (designers, planners, broker partners, engineers, procurement etc)
- Act as the subject matter expert and (gateway) on design contracts and associated design processes to various internal teams
- Establish practices for ongoing relationship development with contract parties
- Assist in solutioning unplanned requests while ensuring alignment to strategies.
- Work with internal teams to develop designs and specifications to support the role out and adoption of new standards and “Brightwork” programs for agile working environments.
- Act as a subject matter expert for questions and matters related to corporate interior design and on assigned projects.
- Conduct interviews and discussions with business stakeholders to gather, coordinate and synthesize project requirements, including functional and operational needs.
- Coordinate stack and block fit plans, migration/phasing plans and project sequencing.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of current and future design trends, understanding of the business direction and changing workplace needs.
- Support Workplace Strategy Design in the identification of areas for improvement
- Lead in budget planning, risk management, as well as provide financial and project reporting.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Photoshop.
- University degree or equivalent in Interior Design or Architecture.
- 6-10 years of design and/or project management experience for corporate environments.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of business partners and key stakeholders; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- One or more accreditations of or aspiring to: NCIDQ, BCIN, PMP, WELL, LEED
- Knowledge in Excel & Powerpoint
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
Sun Life is committed to the health and safety of all those in our workplaces and our communities. In accordance with Sun Life’s Vaccination Policy (United States):
Fully virtual employees are not subject to any vaccination policy, unless planning to visit a Sun Life office.
Employees working in our U.S. Sun Life offices must be vaccinated. Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a legally approved exemption for medical or religious reasons in accordance with US employment legislation, may request an accommodation.
Client-facing employees who are part of Sun Life U.S. business operations and regularly meet with others in-person, such as brokers, employer Clients, prospects, partners, dentists, and others, must be vaccinated or test weekly and follow any rules for masking or other precautions that are required at the meeting location.
Posting End Date: