Senior Delivery Lead
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : IT Project Managers
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 188681
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Senior Delivery Lead, you will act as the Scrum Master and Project Manager within an Agile environment. You will ensure the successful delivery of software products within Canadian Digital Banking. You will lead and support an Agile scrum team (Product, Engineering, Design, Analytics) and ensure the Agile methodology and principles are executed effectively. You will identify, escalate and remove release and team impediments. As a Senior Delivery Lead, you will also manage the budget, schedule, risks, issues, reporting and governance of projects.
Is this role right for you?
- Tracking projects through each phase of project lifecycle
- Work with all the dependent teams and prepare execution plan
- Working with various teams to achieve end-to-end project delivery
- Ensure milestones are met and project has gone through all approval gates
- Document project status & assist team in maintaining information repositories
- Maintain project risk tracker and communicate project risks to management
- Prepare work back schedules, roadmap and capacity planning at a project level
- Ensure a balance between team capacity and workload is kept in order to achieve a successful project delivery
- Support app releases & rollout related activities
- Ability to set expectations with all stakeholders, execute and communicate accordingly
- Identification of risks and issues that require DF leadership attention
- Ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex problems and Solutions in a simple and logical manner following stakeholder field of expertise
- Ability to work effectively with engineering Sr Managers when needed to remediate risk around project delivery.
- Engage stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed for consultation throughout the course of the project.
- Contribute to the productivity and happiness of the scrum team
- Supporting project team members in challenging situations (resource / release challenges, cross-team communication)
- Introduce agile engineering best practices
- Scheduling add-hoc meetings to solve for disagreements or ambiguities in order to reduce risk of jeopardizing milestones and or artifacts
- Scheduling and chairing scrum ceremonies.
Do you have the skills?
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Management role - Delivering complex software projects
- 10+ years of experience in IT
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of Agile methodology while delivering IT projects. Ideally has Certified Scrum master certification (CSM / PSM)
- Expert knowledge and understanding of project management practices, disciplines, tools, and methodologies.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations.
- Demonstrates creativity and adaptability when identifying solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high level executive vision)
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and relationships management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
- Demonstrates proactivity and accountability.
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.