Senior Delivery Lead, Scotiabank
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184203
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Senior Delivery Lead oversees Commerce projects and coordinates the end-to-end execution while reporting to all stakeholders consistently on the latest progress of those project initiatives. This role requires an excellent ability to work closely with the project team, business line leaders, senior management, and diverse stakeholders to safeguard a flawless delivery experience.
The manager reports directly to the Senior Manager, Commerce & Operations.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will
- PMO Leader – Become the center of excellence for Scotia Digital Commerce PMO. Responsible for leading other delivery leads & and project managers on the team by coaching them to maintain a high-quality PMO (project delivery process, methodology, documentation, and consistent communication strategies).
- Project Delivery – Primarily responsible for planning and executing project WBS along with all coordination activities such as organizing requirement gathering discussions, kick-off, and daily/weekly project team meetings.
- Progress Reporting – Manage overall reporting to ensure stakeholder visibility and transparency on the progress, risk, and action items. Track and provide forecasts to actual budget reports as required to the program manager and/or project sponsors.
- Launch Coordination – Establish a solid launch plan and schedule for each project release including activity timetables, sign-off date/confirmation, emergency contact information, and backup scenarios.
- Stakeholder Management – Actively build relationships with internal and external partners, ensuring a proper level of stakeholder engagement to drive value into project delivery accountabilities while deepening client relationships and leveraging broader bank relationships, systems, processes, and knowledge.
- Continuous Improvement - Observes processes and proposes and executes improvements to continually improve PMO efficiency and effectiveness within Scotia Digital and Scotiabank.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Experience in overseeing and/or coaching a PM/DL team
- Proven success in managing project delivery in a complex, matrix environment with multiple stakeholders
- Deep understanding of PMIS (Project management information systems) such as Workfront & JIRA
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, challenging, and dynamic business environment
- Results-focused, but understand that achieving results requires collaboration from business partners
- Self-motivated; works both independently and collaboratively with multi-functional teams, as both a leader and team member
- Superior critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional presentation and written communication skills
- Takes pride in being highly organized and staying ‘on top of it’
- Project Management certification (CAPM, PMP, CSM) and/or financial industry experience is an asset
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.