Senior Delivery Lead, Ecommerce and Digital
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 383760
At The Source, we believe that the right tech makes all the difference and exist to help Canadians discover the endless possibilities of tech. We carry the latest tech, offer advice across all categories and networks, and put our customers first to ensure they find the right tech for them.
Every day our Associates across the country help Canadians find the tech they want and need. The Source is a great place to work and we are committed to your development through best in class training programs that help you do your best. Behind our in-store Associates is a supporting team of professionals who curate our product assortment, ensure on-time deliveries, create engaging marketing campaigns and help keep our systems running at peak capacity.
We are passionate about what we do and look for individuals with their own passion, curiosity and genuine helpfulness to join us!
The Senior Delivery Lead, eCommerce & Digital ensures that the eCommerce & Digital program projects deliver on time, on budget and on spec. This role requires the ability to lead a technical custom application development program. The Senior Delivery Lead, eCommerce & Digital will leverage structured project management techniques to effectively manage small to large-scale projects across multiple disciplines, and possess a knowledge of technologies specifically within the realms of e-commerce and modern digital SaaS solutions. The Senior Delivery Lead, eCommerce & Digital is able to ensure a high level of resolution of problem situations, and successful completion of deliverables and outcomes. This role works closely with the Director, IT Delivery to ensure successful operations of the department.
- Organize, plan and lead technical custom application development delivery, in addition to managing day to day aspects of web development
- Contribute to larger team in the role of senior planner and facilitator, effectively communicating program / project vision to the team
- Manage project timelines & budgets. Ensure the delivery team supports business needs and delivers scalable, reliable platform and enhancements on time, on budget and with an eye toward iterative and rapid development
- Create detailed project work plans from estimated scope of work and assign project plan tasks to appropriate team members
- Track and manage all project related issues such as project finances, resources, and deliverables and provide in-depth status reports to the management as required
- Manage and support the planning of all project resources for the program
- Provide leadership and mentoring to junior team members who will consist of inhouse and outsourced/off-shored IT lead, techincal product owners and technical development staff
- Lead the team by example, getting hands-on driving project planning, design, and paying detailed attention to quality and time
- Lead both package implementation projects as well as SaaS project delivery – specifically e-commerce packages such as SAP Commerce (Hybris) and Salesforce CRM
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Consulting firm professional experience or ecommerce project delivery function with a large retailer or manufacturer
- Deep expertise in managing project delivery with both in-house and outsourced development teams. Strong familiarity in both front end and back end development, ideally with an omni channel retailer or consulting firm delivering for a retail client
- Solid understanding of omni channel IT stack needs in the ecommerce/physical goods and/or telco context
- Strong understanding of Agile delivery models, and specifically SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Excellence in communication, written and verbal, to upper management and front line team alike
- Extensive experience in commerce project/product management, strategic planning, web commerce package implementation, SaaS software implementation, knowledge of multiple technologies and interactive design in the ecommerce space.
- Technical expertise in ecommerce and/or web content management technologies: SAP Hybris, Salesforce.com
- Strong people skills, with the inclination to engage and support
Education and Experience
- BA Computer Science or Math and a certification in project management.
- Design and development experience ideally in multiple languages including Java, CSS, HTML5
- Developing consise and impactful executive communications documents
- Microsoft Project, Jira Big Picture project / resource management tools
- Experience in enterprise level ecommerce platforms (Hybris, ATG, WCS, etc)
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Barrie
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 08/19/2022
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
As Canada's favourite tech retailer you have the opportunity to work close to home - and we're also proud to offer a competitive compensation package that includes an extensive recognition and rewards program, career development opportunities, multi-faceted training programs, competitive medical and dental benefits, charity and volunteer opportunities and of course, associate discounts!
The Source celebrates and embraces diversity as part of our culture. We strive to be an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment that supports both our internal and external customers, ensuring everyone feels valued and respected. Accommodations are available on request for all candidates taking part in any aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements.