Senior Data Science Analyst
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Finance
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : LifeLabs
LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
Consistently named one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes, LifeLabs has also been recognized for having an award-winning Mental Health Program from Benefits Canada. The passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
Reports to Senior Manager Data Science
Purpose of the Role As the Senior Data Analyst with the Decision Sciences team you will use multiple techniques to obtain and analyze data to drive insights. You will develop analytic capabilities to support business objectives in a time-efficient manner. This role will have the opportunity to support various unique projects and enterprise-wide transformational analytical initiatives.
This is a full time remote position. Preferred location is Ontario.
- Responsible for the extraction, cleansing and analysis of complex information from a variety of databases
- Analyze data to help determine insights to solve business problems or identify new opportunities
- Responsible for producing routine reports, scorecards and dashboards
- Design and build interactive and static data visualizations to provide insights and enable strategic business decisions
- Build statistical, descriptive and predictive models to support experimentation that are easily understood and replicated
- Conduct statistical analysis and hypothesis testing to improve forecasting, targeting and performance measurement
- Work with IT in terms of identifying opportunities to make key information more easily and reliably accessible
- Support initiatives to make business partners more self-sufficient
- Support the development and operations of data products working collaboratively with Business Development, Operations and Client Services groups, on cross functional outcomes
- Actively identify and execute initiatives to improve process and data infrastructure
- Strictly adhere to legal and compliance guidelines; regarding access and exposure to sensitive and confidential information
Minimum Qualificaton and Skills
- University Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering or other relevant field. A Master’s degree is an asset
- 3+years’ experience in utilizing advanced data analysis tools (SAS, Alteryx, Excel, Open Source etc.)
- 3+years’ experience in BI platform and data visualization tools (Power BI, etc.)
- Experience in utilizing advanced SQL data extraction and manipulation tools (MS SQL)
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Experience with database analytics
- Experience in the healthcare industry is an asset
- Superb analytical and conceptual thinking skills; to not only manipulate but also derive meaningful interpretations from data
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Capability to liaise with all levels across the enterprise on projects and ad-hoc requests
- Strong attention to detail is essential in this role
- A team player and self-starter
#LI SW1 #INDEED
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
LifeLabs operates under a distributed workforce model, where employee flexibility is a key priority. Further information will be provided during the interview process on what this means for employees.