Senior Data Modeler – Erwin
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5C2V9
Category : Computer Specialists
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 192263
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Wealth Data team within the Global Wealth Engineering (GWE) team is key area in meeting the operational and analytical data needs of the various stake holders within Wealth Management.
The Senior Data Modeler will be joining a team that is key in providing strategic data solutions to meet our business objectives. The candidate will play a key role in designing and implementing data modeling solutions using relational, dimensional and NoSQL databases. Working closely with data architects, lead business systems analysts and data engineers they will be responsible for creating and maintaining data models for our databases that support multiple geographies
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Responsible for hands on creation of the conceptual, logical, and physical data models, the implementation of RDBMS, operational data store (ODS), data marts, and data lakes on target platforms (SQL and NoSQL)
- Work with the Data team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
- Sole owner of the Data models for all data domains in Wealth management area and provide leadership and expertise in data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical Data Models
- Understand and translate business needs into data models supporting long-term solutions.
- Communicate with Data Analysts, interfacing application teams & Business stakeholders and understand data requirements for consuming applications.
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- 10+ years of hands-on relational, dimensional, and/or analytic experience (using RDBMS, dimensional, NoSQL data platform technologies, and ETL and data ingestion protocols)
- Experience with data hub, data warehouse, data lake, and enterprise big data platforms in multi-data-center contexts required
- Expert knowledge of relational databases and data architecture computer systems, including SQL
- Good knowledge of metadata management, data modeling, and related tools (Erwin or ER Studio or others) required
- Ability to effectively convey ideas to business and technical teams
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience in technical system analysis, data mapping and translating/mapping relational data models into XML and Schemas
- Knowledge of database administration including database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala etc
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and toolset such Cloud Composer, Dataproc, CloudSpanner etc.
- Knowledge of data streaming and technologies such as Kafka, Spark-streaming etc.
- Should be a team player and work collaboratively
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Previous experience in Wealth management and/or banking systems highly desirable
- Nice to have experience in implementation of operational data store and involved in design of data models across multiple domains such as party, financial, non financial, securities, user domain etc
- Nice to have understanding of Wealth business line and the various data domains required for building an end to end solution
- Nice to have hands on experience in solution architecture and data architecture experience
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.