Senior Data Integration Developer
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Computer Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 178729
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The GWMS CRM team is the Salesforce Centre of Excellence for Scotiabank. The team is currently responsible for 10 different Salesforce Orgs across multiple lines of Business and is in the process of further expanding to additional lines of Business and new geographies. In support of this growth, the team is looking for an experienced Senior Data Integration Developer to both deliver on existing initiatives and establish Business-Technology roadmaps for future initiatives.
Is this role right for you?
- Develop ETL code and build packages based on existing standards and suggest improvements when possible
- Leading development efforts in ingesting and transforming data from various sources. Building scripts, writing specifications and responsible for end-to-end delivery of data
- Develop and test code from design specifications, as well as implement and support enhancements to applications
- Provide technical expertise in medium to complex projects as a Technical Lead capable of providing guidance and advise to the team
- Works in close collaboration with Architects and other cross functional team members in creating design documents, diagrams, technical requirements, and solutions that best address business needs
- Professional experience with tools like Talend, Data Stage and Data Loader
- Strong communication and leadership skills
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Must have 5+ years experience ETL Development / Architect level experience with Talend for recent projects
- 5+ years experience with Core Java Development
- Experience with large Salesforce implementations
- Familiar with Integrating Salesforce with other cloud based application systems using REST, SOAP API.
- Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate integration requirements to business users. Interaction with various business lines will be imperative for success of integration
- Experience with deployment processes and release pipelines. Eg : Jenkins, Bitbucket/Git
- Investigate failures, perform root cause analysis and utilize internal defect tracking tool to create detailed, high quality error report
- Ability to work in cross functional teams using agile methodologies like SCRUM/Kanban
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.