Senior Data Engineering Analyst
City : Brampton, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Business Analytics
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Does working with some of Canada’s most talented minds in innovation supporting retail, digital consumer solutions and analytical platforms excite you? Loblaw Technology powers some of Canada’s most game-changing retail solutions, giving our customers the ability to live their lives well. #LI-Hybrid
Come work with a team that values diverse ideas, fosters a culture of inclusion, and develops our talent from within. Loblaw Technology gives you the chance to excel and helps you to strive for success in a big way. Keep reading to learn more!
Sr. Data Engineering Analyst
1 President’s Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario
The Data Engineering team at Loblaw is seeking a Senior Data Analyst with background in Data Lake, Cloud, and relational databases. As a Senior Data Analyst, you will have the opportunity to support large data initiatives by applying your expertise in obtaining, analyzing, and manipulating data to identify insights and data patterns. You will be responsible for crafting and maintaining data requirements, transformations, and system documentation.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the extraction and analysis of sophisticated information from a variety of databases as well as transformation of extracted data from large and disconnected datasets into insights suitable for presentation to various audiences.
- Work cross-functionally with business, analytics, data governance groups, on data projects to deliver innovative and scalable solutions to business objectives
- Build documentation on requirements, end to end data flows, pipelines, and data flow diagrams
- Develop capabilities to identify areas of opportunity and improve business processes, data reliability & quality, reporting and monitoring efficiency.
- Assist with data related technical challenges and perform root cause analysis - including but not limited to troubleshooting code written in SQL/Python
- Build end-to-end process supporting data ingestion, cleansing, transformations, data validations and data delivery.
What you Bring:
- Demonstrated ability in Data mining working with large relational databases, using advanced data extraction and manipulation tools (for example: Big Query, Teradata, etc.).
- Experience in conducting business analysis to capture requirements from non-technical partners.
- Experience in Cloud Data Technologies, SQL, Python scripting with more than 7 years of experience
- Experience in Object Oriented programming languages such as Java is an asset
- Superb analytical and conceptual thinking skills; to not only to manipulate but also derive relevant interpretations from data.
- Proven knowledge of the data management lifecycle, including experience with data quality and metadata management.
- Hands on experience in Computer Science, Statistics, or Information Systems
- Ability to run scrum ceremonies, and experience in agile Project management tools such as Jira/Confluence
- An extraordinary teammate and self-starter with strong detail orientation is important. Able to empathetically engage team members that require mentorship and support.
What Loblaw Offers You
We offer flexibility and balance, and an environment that sets you up for success no matter where your workspace is located.
Here, you will find a great team to help you achieve your goals as you help us achieve ours! Work in our fast-paced, exciting Technology environment, helping our stores, colleagues, and customers every day.
Loblaw colleagues also enjoy:
- Work Perks Program
- On-site GoodLife Fitness, Basketball & Volleyball courts, Ice Rink, Groceries delivered to work via PC Express, Dry-Cleaning services (1PCC Office)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Online Learning
- Pension & Benefits
- Paid Vacation
If you’re up to the challenge, then we would love to hear from you. Apply today, and get the process started.
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. At Loblaw, we celebrate diversity and strive to build a culture of inclusion where differences are embraced, valued and supported. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and encourage people from all backgrounds and identities to apply to our jobs. Accommodation in the recruitment, assessment, and hiring process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
We thank all candidates for their interest but please note, those candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be contacted.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.