Senior Cyber IAM Cloud Specialist – Azure (Ottawa (Downtown), ON, CA)
City : Ottawa
Category : Other
Industry : Banking/Financial
Employer : Bank of Canada
Senior Cyber IAM Cloud Specialist - Azure
Take a central role
The Bank of Canada has a vision to be a leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada. No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very center of Canada’s economy, in an organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. You will be challenged, energized and motivated to excel in our environment.
Building on the principles that have always guided us – excellence, integrity and respect – we strive to be forward-looking and innovative, to welcome people with diverse perspectives and talents, and to earn trust by living up to our commitments and by clearly explaining the intent of our policies and actions.
With our defined-benefit pension plan, benefits, and high flexibility for work life balance - find out more about why we are annually ranked as one of Canada's top employers: Working Here - Bank of Canada
Find out more about the next steps in our Recruitment process.
Note: This posting will remain open until a successful candidate is identified. Interviews may be conducted at anytime.
About the position
We are seeking an innovative and dedicated individual to join our forward-thinking Identity and Access Management (IAM) Portfolio within the Cyber Security Division!
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Access Control team within the Cyber Security – Identity and Access Management (IAM) Portfolio you will be part of a dynamic and highly skilled team of cyber specialists enabling Canada’s Central Bank to work securely. With the increase in sophistication and frequency of cyber-attacks, cyber security has been identified as a top priority at the Bank of Canada.
In joining the Bank of Canada team, you will also have many opportunities for career development with the full support of your leader to enhance your skills, experiment, and drive your career in many ways (certifications, mentorship, etc.).
What you will do
The focus of this role is to introduce new tools and capabilities to enable the Bank to identify, protect, detect, and respond to cyber threats within the Identity & Access Management (IAM) team. You will resolve complex problems related to managing the identities and controlling access for users of the Bank’s services. You will combine strong analysis, problem-solving and communication skills to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and quality in your deliverables.
More specifically, you will:
- Test, deploy and maintain policies related to Microsoft’s IAM components including Azure Identity Protection (AIP), Azure Conditional Access and MFA.
- Onboard new admin users to Azure Privileged Identity Management (PIM) and manage their Azure AD roles.
- Support application teams and service desk related questions regarding Microsoft Azure’s IAM components including Azure Privileged Identity Management (PIM), Azure Identity Protection (AIP), Azure Conditional Access Policies and MFA.
- Monitor and support the Azure B2C environment such as authentication, authorization, MFA.
- Support application teams with implementing and maintaining strong certificate and key management processes
- Analyze and resolve various technical incidents and gather information about more complex problems.
- Implement enhancements or propose solutions to operational problems and communicate your progress to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Assist in the definition and implementation of technical security standards related to the management of digital identities at the Bank.
- Monitor and report on KPI / operational metrics to support the continuous improvement of IAM cyber controls.
- Identify Cyber Security risk reduction activities related to the improvement of IAM components in Microsoft Azure environment
- Provide on-the-job training, coaching, guidance, and support to more junior colleagues.
- Provide operational on-call support 24x7 when required (paid overtime as required).
What you need to succeed
You are a great team player, a confident communicator and can quickly grasp and analyze complex issues, diagnose multi-dimensional problems, and devise insightful/appropriate responses or strategies to address them.
In addition, you have:
- Strong knowledge of Cyber Security Identity and Access Management (IAM) concepts
- Hands on experience with any of the Microsoft Azure Core IAM components (Azure Active Directory, Azure MFA Conditional Access, Privilege Identity Management (PIM), Azure Identity Protection and/or Azure B2C platform)
- Experience gathering and documenting user needs and translating them into cyber user cases.
- Knowledge and understanding of centralized authentication mechanisms and multi-factor authentication mechanisms.
- Hands on experience with Azure B2B Collaboration, Defender for Identity and Defender for Cloud, etc.
- Hands on experience using Microsoft authentication libraries (MSAL), working with Microsoft graph API and adding social or work identities via OIDC/OAuth2 or SAML.
- Experience in Cyber Security threats analysis and proactive risks mitigation.
Your education and experience
Your combined education and work experience demonstrate that you have the proficiencies and skills for the role. We are ideally seeking candidates with a relevant degree/diploma and 5+ years of relevant experience.
What you need to know
- Language requirement: English or French essential
- Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
- Security level required: Be eligible to obtain Secret
- Relocation assistance may be provided, if required
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
- The official title for this position is “Senior Cyber Specialist ”
Hybrid Work Model #LI-Hybrid
The Bank offers work arrangements that provide employees with flexibility, enable high-performing teams, and support an excellent workplace culture. Most employees can telework from home for a substantial part of each month as part of the Bank`s hybrid work model, and they are expected on site at the Bank location a minimum of eight days per month to help build connections between colleagues. You must live in Canada, and within reasonable commuting distance of the office.
What you can expect from us
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet your needs at every stage of your life and career. For more information on key benefits please visit A great deal to consider.
- Salaries are based on qualifications and experience and typically range from $88,505 to $110,630 (job grade 17)
- Depending on performance, you may be eligible for performance pay. The first tier of performance pay is for successfully meeting expectation, at 7 to 10% of your base salary. The Bank offers additional performance pay for those who exceed expectations (15% of your base salary).. Exceptional performers who far exceed expectations may be eligible for higher performance pay.
- Flexible and comprehensive benefits so you can choose the level of health, dental disability and life and/or accident insurance coverage that meets your needs
- Extra vacation days (up to five each year) that you can purchase to add to your vacation entitlement
- Indexed, defined-benefit pension #LI-POST
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.