Senior Customer Experience Design Manager (CX)
City : Surrey, British Columbia, CA, V3T 0K7
Category : See posting
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Coast Capital
Location: BC (Vancouver-GVA), AB (Calgary/Edmonton) and ON (Toronto - GTA)
Job Type: Full Time
myWork Options: In-person, Hybrid
Starting Salary Range: $106,800
Background Screening Requirement:
- Enhanced Criminal Record Check (every 5 years)
- Credit Check (every 5 years)
- Social Media Check (every 5 years)
- Identity Verification
- Education Verification
- Employment Verification
What's the job?
As a member-centric design practitioner, you will partner with internal stakeholders across the organization, demonstrating the value of experience design while ensuring that end-to-end experiences and associated design concepts are created based on insights and support the execution of the corporate strategy.
Reporting to the Director, Member Experience Design, the Senior Member Experience Design Manager is a collaborative leader who will promote and advance the practice of experience design throughout Coast Capital.
Drawing on best practices in service design (SD) and user experience design (UX), the successful candidate will be responsible for planning and leading all aspects of design projects focused on understanding and fixing end-to-end experiences based on an assigned portfolio of customer journeys.
What you'll get to do:
- Contributes to project scoping conversations and creates and builds end-to-end project plans in consultation with internal stakeholders
- Prepares and manages detailed work plans
- Leads the day-to-day implementation of design projects and initiatives
- Participates in the management and promotion of the Coast Capital Journey Management system through day-to-day project work
- Acts as a subject matter expert in service design, journey mapping, co-design and prototyping areas.
- Stays on top of and appropriately draws upon best practices in human-centred design
- Learns new design software and tools to support day-to-day design work as required
- Coaches peers on key aspects of human-centred design (e.g., how to create a journey map or do research synthesis)
- Plans, manages and facilitates remote, in-person and asynchronous member and internal stakeholder workshops (e.g., alignment, validation sessions, co-design workshops etc.)
- Plans, manages and visualizes a variety of strategic design artifacts, including journey maps, service blueprints, user flows, and personas intended for a variety of audiences, including operational and implementation teams and senior executives.
- Upload design assets to the Journey Management platform using the standardized workflow and taxonomy.
- Plans and presents design concepts, research insights and strategies to a variety of stakeholders across the organization
- Plans and oversees the execution and synthesis of secondary research activities, including desk research, literature reviews, and service audits.
- Creates and implements research synthesis strategies (e.g., affinity mapping and thematic analysis) to code data and identify relevant user insights, pain points and opportunities
- Creates detailed digital and analogue design prototypes and documentation (e.g., web interfaces, business models, service concepts, value propositions, and sketches) using a variety of design tools, including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Confluence, Miro
- Collaborates across teams and departments to socialize work, seek out feedback, and assess the feasibility of concepts
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree/Specialized Certification in Service Design, Industrial Design, Business, or related field
- A minimum of 7+ years experience working in service design, experience design, CX strategy, and product strategy in an agency, in-house environment, or a closely related field is required.
- A detailed portfolio of previous design projects that demonstrates a deep understanding of how to improve end-to-end experiences.
- An understanding of the nuances of the financial services sector and the unique regulatory requirements faced by credit unions would be an asset, as well as an understanding of the concept of Journey Management.
- Demonstrated track record of planning and leading complex design projects from beginning to end that involve multiple stakeholders
- Strong oral, written, and visual communication skills, with an ability to prioritize relevant information and tailor it to the level and experience of the audience
- Deep understanding of service design and human-centred design methodologies and techniques, with a particular emphasis on the technical aspects of implementation
- Ability to lead and conduct member-facing qualitative research confidently and professionally
- Excellent critical thinking skills needed to synthesize information and research into compelling storytelling artifacts
- A visual thinker who can communicate ideas to audiences in an empathic and user-friendly format
- Skilled at producing high-quality and detailed design artifacts such as journey maps, service blueprints, and personas
- Capable of building 2D, 3D, and 4D experience prototypes using a variety of industry platforms and software, including Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Organized and capable of facilitating workshops with confidence
- Skilled at quickly learning new programs to support day-to-day work, providing clear and insightful feedback to designers of differing skill levels, and justifying design decisions with evidence
- A self-directed leader who is calm under pressure and can exercise sound judgment in ambiguous situations
- An empathic team player who proactively builds relationships with colleagues and can influence outcomes across the organization
- A systems thinker who can connect the dots across bodies of work, parts of the organization, and strategic priorities
- Problem solver who is resourceful, action-oriented, and skilled at navigating conflicts that arise in self-organizing teams
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Tenacious and persistent when it comes to getting work done – even under challenging circumstances
- Committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Coast Capital
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Coast Capital, we believe everyone has potential. We are committed to building better, brighter, more inclusive futures for everyone – including our employees. We see the potential in our employees to achieve amazing things and want to invest in your future. If you’re excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Coast Capital.
At Coast Capital, we are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black, and racialized persons, persons with disabilities, people of diverse sexual and gender identities and women. We value applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that diverse perspectives, experiences and expertise benefit of our employees, our members, and our community.
We strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our candidates with different abilities. If you require any accommodations, please contact email@example.com or call 778-391-5836. We will work with you to meet your needs.